Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

2 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Feels unlikely the terrorists would have let themselves be taken alive; doubt they’ll be under any illusions about how they’ll be treated if they are. So I think those might be four innocent muslims who are going to be horrifically tortured and then probably executed.

Exactly, all of them getting out alive and then being taken by the authorities alive just doesn’t add up. 

• Like 1

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

Laughably, the guy with his ear cut off has already confessed on camera to being paid $5000 to carry out the attack. Because ISIS terrorists are totally in it for the money.

Poor bastards. I wonder whether the real terrorists are preparing to go on another killing spree right now?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Laughably, the guy with his ear cut off has already confessed on camera to being paid $5000 to carry out the attack. Because ISIS terrorists are totally in it for the money.

Poor bastards. I wonder whether the real terrorists are preparing to go on another killing spree right now?

They’ll be dead won’t they? I’d assume Russian armed forces would have stormed the theatre and shot everything left moving.

58 minutes ago, Genie said:

They’ll be dead won’t they? I’d assume Russian armed forces would have stormed the theatre and shot everything left moving.

Nah, took an hour for the armed response to arrive so the suspects were long gone.

2 hours ago, Panto_Villan said:

Nah, took an hour for the armed response to arrive so the suspects were long gone.

If that’s the case then it shows what a mess Moscow is in. They should have been on high alert from the intelligence going around.

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

If that’s the case then it shows what a mess Moscow is in. They should have been on high alert from the intelligence going around.

The Rosgvadiya were used extensively in the early stages of the Ukraine war, so they likely aren’t exactly up to full strength.

• Like 1

There’s pictures of the guy who had his ear chopped off at the mall a couple of days before the attack, so I’m now starting to believe the Russians have got the right people after all. I guess the terrorists didn’t expect to need an escape plan.

I honestly can’t believe they allowed themselves to be taken alive. The same bloke is currently having his balls electrocuted, and that treatment is presumably going to continue for the rest of his life.

I mean, if he is one of the terrorists who murdered civilians in cold blood then I’m not exactly going to shed any tears for him, but I’m sure there’s plenty of Ukrainian POWs and Russian political prisoners who have suffered similar.

https://twitter.com/Tatarigami_UA/status/1771945430772851046

Edit: not sure why the tweet won’t embed

Edited by Panto_Villan

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I thought the point of these attacks was to die as a martyr and that meant you were guaranteed to get into heaven? 

It’s weird, but I think the response from the Russian authorities was so late/slow they got fed up of waiting and instead fled the scene. 

They probably expected a gun fight at the theatre.

Very interesting documentary from the front lines on BBC two tonight,  Ukraine enemy in the woods. It's insane after two world wars we basically have a mini one ongoing in 2024. Humanity will never learn. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Very interesting documentary from the front lines on BBC two tonight,  Ukraine enemy in the woods. It's insane after two world wars we basically have a mini one ongoing in 2024. Humanity will never learn. 

Yeah been watching it too, harrowing and raw to say the least.

36 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Yeah, it's nowhere near the scale of a conflict like WW2 (even for the countries involved) but it's kinda mad this stuff is happening on Europe's doorstep.

But then if you went back to 1980 and told everyone that the next major war in Europe would be the two largest parts of the Soviet Union fighting against each other, they'd probably have also been quite surprised about that too.

Did you see the state of the terrorists being brought into court for a hearing? They didn't appear to be firing on all four cylinders. Especially the fella in the wheelchair.

That was deliberate. It was supposed to be a warning to any ISIS members who might consider a similar attack. This is how badly we will torture you if you get caught. 

Something just doesn't add up for me regarding this terrorist attack.

• 4 men who has previously carried out a recon on the same building when security was very tight.
  • A serious lack onsite security during this event a short time after, considering over 6k were in attendance. Apparently there was only several unarmed guards at the time.
  • Then a response time of over an hour for proper security forces to arrive, especially considering reports indicate the building has it's own Police Station and Russia are currently on a war footing.  

Most weirdly of all, they've captured them without that ending in a bloodbath or the culprits taking their own lives, and knowing full well they'd be tortured when captured. I think the whole thing stinks tbh. Anyone willing to kill 137 innocent civilians isn't going to give a shit about survival after carrying out that sort of atrocity and in such a blatant manner. It was always a suicide mission.

Edited by avfc1982am
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

Something just doesn't add up for me regarding this terrorist attack.

• 4 men who has previously carried out a recon on the same building when security was very tight.
  • A serious lack onsite security during this event a short time after, considering over 6k were in attendance. Apparently there was only several unarmed guards at the time.
  • Then a response time of over an hour for proper security forces to arrive, especially considering reports indicate the building has it's own Police Station and Russia are currently on a war footing.  

Most weirdly of all, they've captured them without that ending in a bloodbath or the culprits taking their own lives, and knowing full well they'd be tortured when captured. I think the whole thing stinks tbh. Anyone willing to kill 137 innocent civilians isn't going to give a shit about survival after carrying out that sort of atrocity and in such a blatant manner. It was always a suicide mission.

It is odd. Death is much more of an attractive option than what they’re going through now. They’re probably being tortured to the point where they’re being put through the maximum amount of pain an individual can suffer without actually dying. 

No way you don’t kill yourself at the scene or go out guns blazing. I do find it odd 

Â