• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

Yeah. Vote in Senate on Tuesday, Biden can sign it immediately, and munitions could be at the front line in under a week.

Took an awful long time to get here, but I’m impressed Mike Johnson has (finally) grown a pair and put his career on the line to get this over the line.

Anyway, this just goes to show how important a Biden win will be in November. Europe need to be ready to step up in case Trump gets in, and hopefully the last six months has been a bit of a wake up call on that front.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Europe need to be ready to step up in case Trump gets in, and hopefully the last six months has been a bit of a wake up call on that front.

Alot of European countries haven't grasped this obvious fact. 

Edited by villa89

Seems the US plans to get stuff in to Ukraine as soon as the ink is on the paper. Trucks moving out of American bases in Germany with Abrams, Strykers and lots of kit from the European rapid response forces being utilised and later back filled.

• Like 1

It seems this new raft of equipment is an effort to get the frontline to move back towards Russia before the inevitable settlement. I think its accepted now that this war will end with Ukraine ceding territory to Russia. It's just a case of how much.  

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

It seems this new raft of equipment is an effort to get the frontline to move back towards Russia before the inevitable settlement. I think its accepted now that this war will end with Ukraine ceding territory to Russia. It's just a case of how much.  

Got a link? I'm sceptical of this.

This isn't where I saw it but it's a decent source

With U.S. and European aid to Ukraine now in serious jeopardy, the Biden administration and European officials are quietly shifting their focus from supporting Ukraine’s goal of total victory over Russia to improving its position in an eventual negotiation to end the war, according to a Biden administration official and a European diplomat based in Washington. Such a negotiation would likely mean giving up parts of Ukraine to Russia.

9 hours ago, villa89 said:

This isn't where I saw it but it's a decent source

But that was written before the US came in with their biggest aid bill ever. We'll see. My guess is that it depends on the election in November. 

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

But that was written before the US came in with their biggest aid bill ever. We'll see. My guess is that it depends on the election in November. 

Trump (if he wins) will fly to Kyiv and Moscow. Draw a line on the map and end the war with the threat of direct American involvement if they don't.

The next few months dictates where they line is drawn.

2 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Trump (if he wins) will fly to Kyiv and Moscow. Draw a line on the map and end the war with the threat of direct American involvement if they don't.

The line will likely be in China, since Trump thinks Oslo is the capital of Germany.

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

No. Can’t see that. The US right sees no role for the US in a far off conflict between two European states. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, blandy said:

No. Can’t see that. The US right sees no role for the US in a far off conflict between two European states. 

Yes, the most likely scenario imo is Trump cuts the US military aid and puts political pressure on Zelensky to formally give up land now occupied by Russia.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yes, the most likely scenario imo is Trump cuts the US military aid and puts political pressure on Zelensky to formally give up land now occupied by Russia.

Yep. Trump doesn’t like Zelenski because he declined to be blackmailed by Trump to provide dirt on Hunter Biden.

Even if the above happens, Zelenski is under no obligation to give up. He’d try and get more help from Europe, though Europe doesn’t have the capacity to replace US supplies of arms and so on.

Even this last US package will only last so long, maybe a year, then it’s back to square one. Russia is gaining ground all the time now, so will just wait it out. The west is fearful of either side losing and thus in this weird position of relative inaction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pas5898 said:

No chance of this. Trump will do exactly what Putin tells him to do, just like he did when he gave Putin the list of CIA spies (one of whom ended up dead soon after if I remember correctly). Remember that Putin has those videos of Trump with ladies of the evening in Moscow and Trump won't listen to anyone in Europe. 

Edited by villa89

On the other hand, Trump had dinner with Duda (Polish Prez) the other day; they get on quite well. Now notice Trump's lack of comment on the aid bill?

Another close to £1b aid package sent by UK now too. Hopefully Europe will use the time that this US package will allow Ukraine, to ramp up production and not continue resting on its laurels. Maybe the Germans could finally release the Taurus too. 

24 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Another close to £1b aid package sent by UK now too. Hopefully Europe will use the time that this US package will allow Ukraine, to ramp up production and not continue resting on its laurels. Maybe the Germans could finally release the Taurus too. 

And one by Finland, and Norway at about the same size. Maybe once we start seeing the ATACMS in action the Germans will be less scared to give the taurus.

Give it until next week before ATACMS will start causing havoc.

• Like 1

Looks like the meat grinder is going to be turned back on then, I'm doubting the Russians will have any decent equipment to stop the ordnance that's going to be coming their way, especially if they have over extended and not dug in/fortified their positions.

It really is a destructive war for both countries, devastating tbh.

Â