Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

3 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

You're exactly where the powers that be want you. Fretting.  

I would say at this moment in time, continue being depressed about Gerrard because you ain't getting out of it by getting blown up any time soon. I'd check the gas in the oven hasn't been left on though. You know what Rodney is like.  

Which powers, the ones in the West or the ones in the East? He may be bluffing and the USA maybe bluffing as well. 

The facts , he has nuclear weapons.

He's not normal and doesn't appear to be acting logically.

If he uses a nuke then how will the USA react, if it goes all in and carries through with their response then what does Putin have left? Nothing, he won't attack the USA he may attack the Ukraine with more Nukes, what happens then? Does the USA escalate it further , an attack on Russian soil?

Nothing is certain , my guess is he's 90% not going to use them but there's a chance he will and the escalation after this could very quickly spiral out of control. 

I would still back the Ukraine, but back  them fully now and stop Putin in his tracks. Stick troops in there , non active so Putin knows the score, call his bluff before he has chance to make a decision that we all end up regretting. 

• Replies 18.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

1 hour ago, tinker said:

Which powers, the ones in the West or the ones in the East? He may be bluffing and the USA maybe bluffing as well. 

The facts , he has nuclear weapons.

He's not normal and doesn't appear to be acting logically.

If he uses a nuke then how will the USA react, if it goes all in and carries through with their response then what does Putin have left? Nothing, he won't attack the USA he may attack the Ukraine with more Nukes, what happens then? Does the USA escalate it further , an attack on Russian soil?

Nothing is certain , my guess is he's 90% not going to use them but there's a chance he will and the escalation after this could very quickly spiral out of control. 

I would still back the Ukraine, but back  them fully now and stop Putin in his tracks. Stick troops in there , non active so Putin knows the score, call his bluff before he has chance to make a decision that we all end up regretting. 

There are those that would love some end of the world scenario play out, just as there are those using the narrative to keep people in panic mode. We've gone over this many times over the last seven months in this thread. Yes, Russia do have nuclear weapons, as do several other countries that could all go ballistic (get it) at some point.

Addressing your third comment, and I also mentioned this the other day. Putin is only illogical to the West and those not caught up in the nationalistic fever he is trying to create in Russia. Everything he does at home, whilst retarded to us, reinforces Russian propaganda and is in line with how many perceive the West. Especially the narrative that everyone is against them. 

The thing is nobody really can say 100% that nukes will never be used again. It would probably be quite ignorant to think that someone would never use them. Each to their own I suppose, but I just refuse to get wound up and panic over things that may never occur.  

Edited by avfc1982am

The Kremlin’s flailing bid to get an edge on the battlefield by deploying mercenaries from the Wagner Group—which now includes hundreds of prison inmates—has reportedly backfired as the private military force butts heads with the Russian military.

The growing conflict resulted in a Wagner fighter gunning down a lieutenant colonel in the Russian army—a deadly episode of “friendly fire” that the Kremlin is said to be trying to sweep under the rug, according to the human rights group Gulagu.net.

“They are trying to hush up the incident and prevent publicity. And this is not the first emergency of its kind,” the group quoted a source as telling the Gulagu.net hotline.

The incident was also reported by two other Russian Telegram channels, though no details were provided on when or where the shooting is said to have taken place.

Earlier this week, a mass brawl broke out between newly drafted Russian troops and contract soldiers at a military base outside Moscow, Baza reported. Nearly two dozen contract soldiers are said to have taken a beating from the draftees and were rescued after locking themselves in a separate room and phoning police for help. The fight reportedly erupted after some of the contract soldiers demanded the newly arrived draftees hand over their mobile phones and gear.

Yahoo

There also more of interest in the article about the position Putin finds himself in sandwiched between Wagner / Khadyrov (the hardliners) and his own military, Worth reading the whole thing

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

There are those that would love some end of the world scenario play out, just as there are those using the narrative to keep people in panic mode. We've gone over this many times over the last seven months in this thread. Yes, Russia do have nuclear weapons, as do several other countries that could all go ballistic (get it) at some point.

Addressing your third comment, and I also mentioned this the other day. Putin is only illogical to the West and those not caught up in the nationalistic fever he is trying to create in Russia. Everything he does at home, whilst retarded to us, reinforces Russian propaganda and is in line with how many perceive the West. Especially the narrative that everyone is against them. 

The thing is nobody really can say 100% that nukes will never be used again. It would probably be quite ignorant to think that someone would never use them. Each to their own I suppose, but I just refuse to get wound up and panic over things that may never occur.  

It's not about getting wound up, it's about the west making its move early and backing the Ukraine now. Not promising to do it when or if he uses Nukes.

Put troops in there now to help rebuild vital bridges and infrastructure. It's a small gesture but it shows Putin we mean business. Sitting on the fence is showing Putin we are unsure in our commitment to them and this allows him room to push his luck. 

For all of the Ukrainians heroic actions in this war , NATO , Europe and the USA have not come to the party with fully backing the Ukraine. This aspect of the war is not being discussed.it has been ignored by the Western media who must think the west has no appetite to fully back the Ukraine........

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yahoo

There also more of interest in the article about the position Putin finds himself in sandwiched between Wagner / Khadyrov (the hardliners) and his own military, Worth reading the whole thing

I don't know the overall percentage of troops that are Chechens or Wagner but I would gather pissing off the MOD to please these scumbags won't go down well.

This is Russia though, the Russian Federation Vlad himself help create. A load of fiefdoms owned by Warlords with their own agendas. He created the monster he now has little control over outside Moscow and St Petersburg.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tinker said:

It's not about getting wound up, it's about the west making its move early and backing the Ukraine now. Not promising to do it when or if he uses Nukes.

Put troops in there now to help rebuild vital bridges and infrastructure. It's a small gesture but it shows Putin we mean business. Sitting on the fence is showing Putin we are unsure in our commitment to them and this allows him room to push his luck. 

For all of the Ukrainians heroic actions in this war , NATO , Europe and the USA have not come to the party with fully backing the Ukraine. This aspect of the war is not being discussed.it has been ignored by the Western media who must think the west has no appetite to fully back the Ukraine........

Putin already knows that NATO mean business

Rebuilding anything significant will have to wait until after the war is over.

I also think it's deluded to think that NATO / The West / The EU haven't come to the party, with a few exceptions and Germans being Germans they have massively help Ukraine.

50% of all the kit donated to Ukraine is from the USA. They are at war with America / NATO already. 

However, this is USA / NATO lite, this is them not even in first gear and they can’t compete.

9 minutes ago, tinker said:

I think we are past the stage of Ukraine needing Western troops to take back their own land. They've been turning away volunteers for weeks now. 

As Bickster said above, Putin already knows NATO and Ukraine's allies are all about business. The reason they've been able to turn the tide of this war is through Western aid as well as the resilience of it's citizens. I don't think anyone thinks NATO is sitting on the fence tbh. 

Small piece of news about the creation of a price cap on Russian oil.

I hope it will work like this.  Ï don't know but it would be good if..

Nobody in the EU can pay higher than the price specified,  or they get secondary sanctions within the block as its an EU thing,  all together and all that.

So,  why doesn't Russia say,  OK,  we ship it.  They can't,  part of the ship insurance will be tied to the docking price of the oil cargo,  so in effect,   they can't unload higher than the price cap.  G7 do insurance. (There are not enough ships in existence to pivot from the pipelines to anythng else,  they are dreaming.  70 day round trip to India,  silly words removed.  They have in effect a free money tree in oil and gas,  they can't even do that right (They have more chance of drowning in oil than moving it around the globe) ,  Putin will be down the council estate selling selling gas fires to electric only homes soon.)

I digress,  So they either sell cheap and easy or cheap and hard or not at all and just let it go everywhere and give up on life in general.

They HAVE to move it,  they have zero choice in this. 

Russia's new "Putin Coke Cola,  it's a bit thick I wonder why.  words removed.

27 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Russian-Ukrainian give away in action. Donations much appreciated.

They should introduce it like a challenge on Comic Relief just to take the mick.

"Here there they are,  look at em with their little white flag,  Glad and Vlad after their epic driving challenge from Russia to Ukraine,  they have donated there vehicle can you believe it and some guns and personnel items.  Fantastic,  back to the studio."

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D

Â