Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

12 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Maybe, but I'm not mistaking their silence over the legitimacy of the war as virtue, even if the war does end. At the end of the day, their purchase of Russian oil and gas at increased rates has to some degree undermined the sanctions, and resulted in a prolonged conflict with many more lives lost on both sides. China I get, politically, but India, well i'm massively disappointed in their response having lived there and having loved the country.  

Why would they (China) be paying increased rates? I expect they’re getting it at next to nothing to keep a powerful ally onside. 

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

4 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Theres no way hed of gone anyway. Imagine his (rightful) paranoia 

Indeed, but he wanted the 'legitimising' invitation - which is why he send a rather effusive message of condolence. Meanwhile, the Chinese premier, whose message read, essentially "What a shame, how sad, whatever" got an invite. 

1 hour ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

There is a lot of  air force activity around Ukraine at the moment.   

A US drone patrolling the Black Sea.   Another plane of unknown type and origin flying up and down the Moldovan border.  A US spy plane patrolling the Polish/Belarus border.   

There's more than can be seen on sites like Flight Radar or Flight 24 whatever it's called. those sites use the ADS-B and Mode S EHS IFF/SSR transponder replies to track aircraft, but if the Pilot turns that feature(s) off, then.... And they do. I was talking to a Test Pilot recently about some future transponder moding and he was clear that "I need to be able to disable that mode when I don't want to be tracked" (on certain flights). For civil aircraft there would be no reason to ever have the Transponder ON (when airborne), but Mode S (and ADS-B) OFF.

Edited by blandy
typo

5 hours ago, bickster said:

India are caught between a rock and a hard place tbh. Most of it's military equipment is Russian and their Generals will be looking at the war and saying holy shit our entire army is equipped with shite

Pakistan on the other hand are rubbing their hands in glee

Pakistan's gear is mainly old Chinese stuff, so it's probably in a worse state

Just now, Jareth said:

Who are we meant to be backing out of Armenia and Azerbaijan? 

Armenia are sided with Russia while Azerbaijan are giving us discount gas but it sounds like Azerbaijan are taking advantage of their new found energy importance to bully their neighbour.  

• Like 1

His demeanour is all over the place. Xi knew about what was happening and asked him to wait until after the olympics. With everything coming out of Izyum now along with the successful counter offensive making this drag on longer than Putin probably promised, he’s starting to get his doubters back home and amongst his ambiguous allies; looks like he’s starting to feel that pressure 

25 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

His demeanour is all over the place. Xi knew about what was happening and asked him to wait until after the olympics. With everything coming out of Izyum now along with the successful counter offensive making this drag on longer than Putin probably promised, he’s starting to get his doubters back home and amongst his ambiguous allies; looks like he’s starting to feel that pressure 

abbott-elementary-tragic.gif

5 hours ago, Mozzavfc said:

Pakistan's gear is mainly old Chinese stuff, so it's probably in a worse state

Afaik Pakistan has quite a lot of US and NATO gear owing to their work against Afghani terrorists 10 or so years back. It’s not great but it’s miles better than modern Russian crap.

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

Yeuch

FcyjFfHWIAEDs8W?format=jpg&name=large

Interesting knowing that most Indians despise China. They’ve got active hostilities on their border almost weekly. I wonder how that picture will fare in India.

Either way, three ethno-nationalists holding hands isn’t a new thing. 

image.jpeg.0cba94cd3b603facf6cc94c71f8fd3cb.jpeg

Edited by magnkarl

2 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Interesting knowing that most Indians despise China. They’ve got active hostilities on their border almost weekly. I wonder how that picture will fare in India.

Either way, three ethno-nationalists holding hands isn’t a new thing. 

image.jpeg.0cba94cd3b603facf6cc94c71f8fd3cb.jpeg

Sorry, but who are those 3 people please?

Â