Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

28 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

We aren't all wandering around wetting ourselves of what might never come to pass. If it does it will be too late to give a shit so why worry. 

I quite like being alive, on the whole.

• Like 4

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

41 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I think they see us as isolated outside the EU and being awash with their money feel that they can exert more influence over us. 

It's easier to target us than target America or France, Germany, Italy, Spain etc collectively. 

He’s afraid of us, and he should be. The City of London is a far more fearsome weapon than anything we have in our demi-army. 

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

China warning US not to add fuel to the flames and to consider Moscow’s concerns over NATO expansion

Chiba is watching its dreams of annexing Taiwan die in Eastern Europe.

A Ukrainian friend of mine, has just gotten on a flight to Poland, to try and get to Kharkiv, to attempt to find her elderly mother who she has now lost contact with, and take her back to Oman.

Pretty grim

In one sense, I almost wish the Ukrainian people weren't SO brave 🤦🏿. Live to fight another day and all that.

Just feel like it is a whole lot of death, for nothing in the end, we can't bring those people back.  They'll get honourable mentions, and news segments if they even make it on.

It's all just shite overall.

The report of that 18 month baby dying and the scenes got me yesterday man.

One of the reasons I was annoyed about this whole thing, as I mentioned previous, I feel this whole situation could have been handled more intelligently and strategically, instead of them being amped up into what looks an unwinnable war, on paper, regardless of have many stories of valiance come out.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Can't remember what it referenced but braved looking on a tweet. There were lots of voices supposedly from Russia denying that there was a war and some referencing that 99.9 of buildings in Kyiv are intact and fine. Which isn't true but hasn't had as big a hit as the other cities do far. Obviously these 'people' themselves could be part of the misinformation themselves.

With my conspiracy hat on It did get me wondering whether the slow advancement into Kyiv was on purpose. Russian media can throw out their misinformation backed with coverage of Kyiv. No one mentioned any of the other cities just Kyiv. 

What other purpose a slow advancement would be I don't know? Try and draw in other countries to defend Ukraine? Slowly deplete Ukraine army and supplies?

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I feel this whole situation could have been handled more intelligently and strategically

Enlighten us with your strategic genius and superior intellect

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Can't remember what it referenced but braved looking on a tweet. There were lots of voices supposedly from Russia denying that there was a war and some referencing that 99.9 of buildings in Kyiv are intact and fine. Which isn't true but hasn't had as big a hit as the other cities do far. Obviously these 'people' themselves could be part of the misinformation themselves.

With my conspiracy hat on It did get me wondering whether the slow advancement into Kyiv was on purpose. Russian media can throw out their misinformation backed with coverage of Kyiv. No one mentioned any of the other cities just Kyiv. 

What other purpose a slow advancement would be I don't know? Try and draw in other countries to defend Ukraine? Slowly deplete Ukraine army and supplies?

There’s a good video that explains the Kyiv convoy… this guy is just an amateur pundit (with US military background, though) but he backs up his claims with a fair amount of evidence and logic

Summary: Russia plans to encircle Kyiv and then bombard it with artillery, but that first involves setting up a continuous supply line up to around 15km outside Kyiv, stretching all the way from inside the Belarus border. Putin doesn’t mind sacrificing loads of conscripts and other troops / vehicles to achieve this, because once set up he’ll be able to absolutely annihilate Kyiv.

What I think this video probably underestimates is just how much more support Ukraine is getting than Putin likely predicted.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

A Ukrainian friend of mine, has just gotten on a flight to Poland, to try and get to Kharkiv, to attempt to find her elderly mother who she has now lost contact with, and take her back to Oman.

Pretty grim

In one sense, I almost wish the Ukrainian people weren't SO brave 🤦🏿. Live to fight another day and all that.

Just feel like it is a whole lot of death, for nothing in the end, we can't bring those people back.  They'll get honourable mentions, and news segments if they even make it on.

It's all just shite overall.

The report of that 18 month baby dying and the scenes got me yesterday man.

One of the reasons I was annoyed about this whole thing, as I mentioned previous, I feel this whole situation could have been handled more intelligently and strategically, instead of them being amped up into what looks an unwinnable war, on paper, regardless of have many stories of valiance come out.

“I feel like if we’d just told her to wear trousers and no make up, we could have stopped the rape from happening”

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I really don't enjoy our tiny island more than once getting to the fore front of wars. Yes let's join in solidarity and support them. But to always be close to the main participator of letting the world know the hatred we should have for let's say, Iraq, Afghanistan, we are now having to live in fear of having random terrorists in our cities blowing our kids up. Now we are getting far too involved in this Russian conflict. Having it acknowledged by Putin is very very dangerous, an I just hope we, like Nato continue to not push or get involved in a no fly zone.

We need to understand we are not the force we used to be and will be fighting with water pistols without Nato intervention. Unfortunately then it'll be to late, 1 nuclear ballistic missile of his would wipe our little country out.

You need to stop posting stuff like this (unless of course you’re an expert in how nuclear weapons work). 

26 minutes ago, bickster said:

Enlighten us with your strategic genius and superior intellect

Well most importantly, you can increase the font and place the " I feel " in quotation marks from your quote selection.

Staying as a neutral nation, for now at least, is widely thought to have been the best/safest option, by people who aren't drowned out by the noise.

Which then leads to the circular " But as a sovereign nation, they should be able to do as they please ". Yes, we all know that, just as someone in North Korea or Saudi Arabia probably knows that it is their human right to freely express themselves.

Try to downplay the notion because it doesn't suit your current agenda, but the fact that NATO/USA etc haven't directly gone in militarily, is because they are trying to be safe and not escalate the conflict ain't it? Or is playing it safe and making certain concessions for the greater good not a concept which makes sense to you?

I could also be totally wrong though, obviously the ideas you subscribe to with regards to this, are achievening brilliant results for Ukrainians so far 🙃

Lets rally behind some more " brave " civilians to pick up arms ( essentially making them fair game soldiers at war, no longer civilians ) and send them to their deaths, and commend them for their bravery.

Aside from that, not interested in having any more little bitch fights about this with you. 

Cheers

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Â