• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

18 minutes ago, tinker said:

Think we have already started with Rhyl, it's in a right mess.

But at least it has the new Sun Centre, Wrexham has no redeeming features. 😂

1 hour ago, trekka said:

More evidence that the Russian Government are getting panicked about what their own people might think (or do) when they see the truth. 

The BBC however will not be silenced via the World Service.  I hope Dorries has seen this. 

FM2hNpVXEAUa2kV?format=png&name=360x360

The people of Russia must be curious why their leaders won’t let them see neutral news sources.

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

The people of Russia must be curious why their leaders won’t let them see neutral news sources.

As I said earlier, they won't just be curious.  This isn't just the old grandmas who rely on the state TV and wireless and believe everything being said, these are the tech-savvy young intelligent Russian population who will not stand for it.  They've just had Apple, Microsoft, Spotify, Facebook and Twitter become out of their reach, with many other popular social media platforms going offline because anyone posting on them can face hard labour.  Times are going to change and the Russian Government are only making it happen due to their own arrogance and stupidity. 

Edited by trekka
  • Like 2

Just day dreaming ahead to when we start learning lessons and putting the world back together.

Do we think it would be possible to bring a global law in that nobody can run for or take office in a state of a certain size if they are below 6ft in hight?

Feel like that could solve a few problems. 

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm not posting the direct link to the video as it can be quite disturbing.  This is the Sky News team getting ambushed by Russians (some were hit) and just about getting away with their lives.  This is the Sky News correspondent Stuart Ramsay.  

Sky News

EDIT: Is this targeted action against those wearing "PRESS" labelled body armour or is it generally against anyone who drives towards the checkpoint? 

Edited by trekka
  • Sad 2
  • Shocked 1

This is very disappointing, but perhaps not that surprising: 

The stockpile of missiles Germany plans to give to Ukraine to help it fight back against Russian invaders is partly made up of unusable old rockets left over from the East German army in the 1980s, according to reports. German newspaper Der Spiegel reported that some 700 of the 2,700 anti-aircraft missiles promised to Ukraine can’t be used and are stored in boxes that are so moldy they have to be handled with protective equipment. Citing the report, Bild noted that the rockets are at least 35 years old and were deemed unusable in 2012 due to “microcracks in the ammunition’s propellant charge, which led to corrosion/oxidation.” According to Bild, Germany’s Federal Security Council has yet to approve the delivery of the 2,700 shoulder-fired weapons, which are known as Strela.

Germany gives Ukraine old broken missiles.

47 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Lets start with scotland 

We had a bit of a go doing that at Hampden  in 1989, Still can’t breathe properly down one side of my nose

22 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Just day dreaming ahead to when we start learning lessons and putting the world back together.

Do we think it would be possible to bring a global law in that nobody can run for or take office in a state of a certain size if they are below 6ft in hight?

Feel like that could solve a few problems. 

Measure their hands and their penises too.

Or, hire a woman.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, trekka said:

I'm not posting the direct link to the video as it can be quite disturbing.  This is the Sky News team getting ambushed by Russians (some were hit) and just about getting away with their lives.  This is the Sky News correspondent Stuart Ramsay.  

Sky News

Seen it. Horrendous. The problem now facing anyone, including the press will be that the loses on both sides are that bad people will just start firing at anything. Through anger, fear and believe it or not fun. Your going to hear many more stories of indiscriminate incidents like this and executions being carried out. 

23 hours ago, Mic09 said:

I think exactly the opposite - the fact they are doing a big cover up suggests they are being smart as to not turn the public against them. 

This is a political conflict as much as a military one, and Putin needs to keep appearances up within his nation. He very well knows what he's doing, even if he fails in his aims miserably.

(Which I hope he does, quickly.)

If his story is liberation of Ukraine from Nazi occupiers,  why would he expose his people to a different picture?

Because the rest of the world are going to smash them with sanctions, and the protests I’m seeing on Twitter from Russia are the biggest I’ve seen tbh.

I’ve never seen protests larger than what I’m seeing right now. 

he may just be able to convince his population but globally he’s lost the dressing room completely. 

10 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Seen it. Horrendous. The problem now facing anyone, including the press will be that the loses on both sides are that bad people will just start firing at anything. Through anger, fear and believe it or not fun. Your going to hear many more stories of indiscriminate incidents like this and executions being carried out. 

Journalists will be up there now with medical staff, NGO and aid workers etc. as priority targets for the Russians. They’ve switched to attacking  the society writ large, instead of having the opposing military force as the centre of gravity for offensive operations.

The goal is to break society down and stop it functioning properly, so like their communist forebears they’ll have lists of who to round up, interrogate/torture and kill in the major cities. 

In better news a load more new NLAWs made it to Kyiv tonight, more Turkish TB2 drones arrived in Poland and Russian commanders are being picked off at a rapid rate. 

Slava Ukraini.

6 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

Because the rest of the world are going to smash them with sanctions, and the protests I’m seeing on Twitter from Russia are the biggest I’ve seen tbh.

I’ve never seen protests larger than what I’m seeing right now. 

he may just be able to convince his population but globally he’s lost the dressing room completely. 

I do wonder though if the protests disappear when the next event happens.  Covid has pretty much fell off the radar of mainstream viewing, before that BLM marches, before that, before that and so on.  If something else happens soon will that mean this goes out of the centre of attention.

If he takes Ukraine in the next week, can he ride it out.  Will the sanctions stay in place fully? especially as it’s not a NATO country taken.  Will the Russian people care if it’s over if Putin gets the propaganda right locally.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

That 40 mile traffic jam of Russian vehicles is still where it was 4/5 days ago.

Clearly some kind of **** up in action right there.

Or put into place for stage 2 of the offensive, who knows!

Â