17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

we can but its unlikely with derby,, leeds and cardiff to play. slo tough away trip to norwich. mnot gonna happen, we blew it 

In a weird way I think we are more likely to win those tough games than the so called easier ones. Packed out Villa Park and all that. 

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

we can but its unlikely with derby,, leeds and cardiff to play. slo tough away trip to norwich. mnot gonna happen, we blew it 

We beat Sheffield United, Boro and Bristol City in that run. Leeds and Norwich ain't shit. We haven't made it easy on ourselves, but this isn't beyond our capabilities by any stretch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

We beat Sheffield United, Boro and Bristol City in that run. Leeds and Norwich ain't shit. We haven't made it easy on ourselves, but this isn't beyond our capabilities by any stretch.

It could happen of course but i would say its less than 10% chance we will win all our remaining games and Cardiff and fulham both drop enough points for us to nick second. had we won one of the last two fine i might believe. but to lose both is absolutely dreadful and practically killed any hopes for 2nd. 

On 13/03/2018 at 08:56, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think it’s time for a top half v each other league table.  I wonder who might have one.... @BOF

I survived.  I'll stick her up (ooo err) when I get a minute :)  That's assuming we still want it after that God-awful week :angry: 

21 minutes ago, BOF said:

I survived.  I'll stick her up (ooo err) when I get a minute :)  That's assuming we still want it after that God-awful week :angry: 

It's the other one we don't want to see.  The top half one has extra poinence now.

Have to agree with Dem, i think we have blown it, really hope I am wrong but just seems typcial Villa to choke it.  Have the same sentiments for play offs, we can and should be able to beat anyone in this league, but when it is that huge I just dont think we have the cajonas!!

Edited by supermon
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Glad you made it. Yeah go on stick her up for a laugh. 

Top half versus the top half.

ff1aeb1b1724c0363034df27489923c1.png

Top half against the half the noses are in.

3aafcd0d142c5fd5c12f4bcdb37d3c9f.png

Look at Boro, the flat-track bullies! and to a lesser extent Sheff Utd although both have played extra v lower half.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, BOF said:

Look at Boro, the flat-track bullies! and to a lesser extent Sheff Utd although both have played extra v lower half.

looks like our problem is not beating good teams, or struggling to kill off poor opposition, but ourselves :(

2 hours ago, supermon said:

Have to agree with Dem, i think we have blown it, really hope I am wrong but just seems typcial Villa to choke it.  Have the same sentiments for play offs, we can and should be able to beat anyone in this league, but when it is that huge I just dont think we have the cajonas!!

Depend which villa turn up in the play offs .

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

looks like our problem is not beating good teams, or struggling to kill off poor opposition, but ourselves :(

How bizarre it is though to see both boro and Fulham are top of one half and bottom of the other - maybe there’s hope fulham may slip up a bit after all.

Edited by Eastie

16 minutes ago, BOF said:

Ok so if we can dodge Fulham over 2 legs and then sucker punch them in the final we’ve done it! 

Or would it be better to play them over 2 legs?  Get a draw over there then 12 man and all that at home. 

I just don’t know anymore. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ok so if we can dodge Fulham over 2 legs and then sucker punch them in the final we’ve done it! 

Or would it be better to play them over 2 legs?  Get a draw over there then 12 man and all that at home. 

I just don’t know anymore. 

To play fulham over 2 legs one of us would almost certainly need to finish 6th - can’t see that happening .

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

To be honest I wouldn’t be surprised if we finished 6th. 

Heavens above - pull yourself together you old rascal - things are not great but not as bad as that ;)

• Like 3