17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

36 minutes ago, John said:

What might have been. We could have been six points clear of Fulham today as well as a point behind Cardiff had we managed to get two wins last week.:(

Yep a big time bottle job. I thought the 0-0 against Brentford and boro at home were bad. But these last two games have been poor. Very poor and has just waved the white flag for automatic

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep a big time bottle job. I thought the 0-0 against Brentford and boro at home were bad. But these last two games have been poor. Very poor and has just waved the white flag for automatic

I had a genuine fear of these bottom half teams.....for reasons i have explained in other posts.

Edited by TRO

14 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I feel like i've been punched in the stomach. That fleeting moment of enjoying being a Villa fan again when we touched 2nd is replaced by the status quo of despair and worry.

We need to find some form before the playoffs begin.

That feeling of anger and sadness is what football is all about!

As a villa fan :D

• Like 1

I really don't know why people are even thinking about Cardiff. The hope has gone for me. For the first time in a long time I thought this team were going to be different and not to a typical Villa bottle job. Going into the playoffs by having a bad run to miss out on autos is the worst prep you can do. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I really don't know why people are even thinking about Cardiff. The hope has gone for me. For the first time in a long time I thought this team were going to be different and not to a typical Villa bottle job. Going into the playoffs by having a bad run to miss out on autos is the worst prep you can do. 

Because better teams than them have tanked it before.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Because better teams than them have tanked it before.

Yes but that still relies on us going on an amazing run. Probably matching our 7 game winning run. It also relies on Fulham not carrying on their form. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

Yes but that still relies on us going on an amazing run. Probably matching our 7 game winning run. It also relies on Fulham not carrying on their form. 

Agreed.

What fun if we pull it off!

• Like 1

To have any chance Cardiff have to have a major, major collapse, like losing 4-5 in a row and us beating them, while we win every last game. Theoretically possible but so is a black hole swallowing earth at half 3 this afternoon. Not gonna happen. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

To have any chance Cardiff have to have a major, major collapse, like losing 4-5 in a row and us beating them, while we win every last game. Theoretically possible but so is a black hole swallowing earth at half 3 this afternoon. Not gonna happen. 

More chance of the latter tbf.

I just don't want fulham in play offs. Boro are dangerous also.

I think derby or cardiff we can beat over two legs.  In a final its a lottery. But our experience could win that one as no other side will have as much experience as we have with our players of playing on the big stage.

58 minutes ago, TRO said:

I had a genuine fear of these bottom half teams.....for reasons i have explained in other posts.

But why, Tro? The majority of the other teams in the division are beating them - that is why they are bottom half.

5 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

But why, Tro? The majority of the other teams in the division are beating them - that is why they are bottom half.

QPR have nothing to play for and have been terrible away from home. We should not be fearing bloody QPR.

They bottled it. It pains me to say it but Saturday confirmed it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, villan-scott said:

This is a positive for me, as the fixture congestion for April is already mental, so they’ll need to squeeze another game in, and they’ll be tired no doubt with 10 games or so in April! 

Warnock is already unhappy that Derby away is going to be played on April 17th.

Gives them a schedule of:

Sheffield United away

Wolves home

Us away

Norwich away

Derby away

Our only hope is they have a similar run as over xmas and lose four of them which is pretty unlikely. Even then I don't see us being good enough to capitalise. We blew it with QPR and I think we'll be inconsistant rest of the season. Good enough for play offs but don't think we'll even finish third.

17 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Bolton are pretty strong at home.

Drew 1-1 with Fulham a few weeks ago, beat Bristol City 1-0, beat Cardiff 2-0 over xmas.

Even in our good run that was always a game I thought we'd drop points in but expected to be QPR so mae worse by that result.

Amazing how a little over a week ago, we were discussing one of our most impressive high points of the season, and within one week, Bruce manages to eviscerate all hope and good will. That is impressive. Even if we somehow fluke our way up, I want that man gone. Far too unreliable.

48 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I just don't want fulham in play offs. Boro are dangerous also.

I think derby or cardiff we can beat over two legs.  In a final its a lottery. But our experience could win that one as no other side will have as much experience as we have with our players of playing on the big stage.

Unlikely we would get Cardiff or Fulham over 2 legs -unless we finish 6th .