17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

Cardiff have lost 7 games all season and we need them to lose 4 in 10 that’s a bit much to ask. At the end of last season I wanted us to use the games to test our kids as they were meaningless. Even though these next ones aren’t we should be looking at getting the likes of Green and Kodija match fit for the playoffs. We should box clever as the games run down by resting some and playing others. Huddersfield played a very weak side v Blues last year so let’s get top 4 wrapped up and then be a bit clever. 

1 hour ago, dn1982 said:

Cardiff have lost 7 games all season and we need them to lose 4 in 10 that’s a bit much to ask. At the end of last season I wanted us to use the games to test our kids as they were meaningless. Even though these next ones aren’t we should be looking at getting the likes of Green and Kodija match fit for the playoffs. We should box clever as the games run down by resting some and playing others. Huddersfield played a very weak side v Blues last year so let’s get top 4 wrapped up and then be a bit clever. 

Cardiff could draw a.l their remaining games and we could overtake them, it’s not just losses. It’s unlikely but it don’t hav3 to be be four defeats

• Like 1

watched the Fulham game vs QPR and despite the fact they gave up a 2 goal lead, they played some fantastic football that I don't think we can match over two legs but may be able to pip them in a one off match if we get there

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Skills said:

watched the Fulham game vs QPR and despite the fact they gave up a 2 goal lead, they played some fantastic football that I don't think we can match over two legs but may be able to pip them in a one off match if we get there

i agree, i dont fancy them over 2 legs as apparently we can no longer win at craven cottage but i would definitely fancy us at wembley...35k noisy villa vs 25k (30k max) quiet fulham fans. dont ask me why, but i can just see us rising to the occasion

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

i agree, i dont fancy them over 2 legs as apparently we can no longer win at craven cottage but i would definitely fancy us at wembley...35k noisy villa vs 25k (30k max) quiet fulham fans. dont ask me why, but i can just see us rising to the occasion

To play them over 2 legs one of us would need to finish 6th or someone else would have to finish above us both in 3rd .

we will likely play derby or boro .

Edited by Eastie

9 hours ago, Skills said:

They have been excellent each time I have seen them. Unfortunately I don't think we will beat them in a one off or over 2 legs.

31 minutes ago, Eastie said:

To play them over 2 legs one of us would need to finish 6th or someone else would have to finish above us both in 3rd .

I think we have will get 4th. Surely that is doable?  

53 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

They have been excellent each time I have seen them. Unfortunately I don't think we will beat them in a one off or over 2 legs.

Still wouldn’t write fulham off for catching Cardiff yet 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

i can see fulham beating us to 3rd which means we avoid them...i cannot see us finishing as low as 6th

9 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i can see fulham beating us to 3rd which means we avoid them...i cannot see us finishing as low as 6th

Of we finish 3rd or 4th we will avoid Fulham or Cardiff. 

‘I’d fancy us against derby or boro over 2 legs.

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Of we finish 3rd or 4th we will avoid Fulham or Cardiff. 

‘I’d fancy us against derby or boro over 2 legs.

We should be capable, but I have sort of lost confidence. We need some wins to restore confidence.

Do you think that the home leg of the play off will be free to Season Ticket  Holders - it is a league game technically?   Would be great if it was - we need to do all we can to sell out 42,642 for that game for sure 

6 minutes ago, Hev said:

Do you think that the home leg of the play off will be free to Season Ticket  Holders - it is a league game technically?   Would be great if it was - we need to do all we can to sell out 42,642 for that game for sure 

I would guess at...no chance :)

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

They're 2-1 up at half time now, might still slip up. Bent hat-trick anyone?

Big ask for little relegation threatened Burton. But hell yeah, Bent do us both a favor.