17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

All our rivals just win week after week after week. We are simply not good enough. 

We used to as well, until our recent run. Let's hope we regain our old form back in time for play-offs. 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

All our rivals just win week after week after week. We are simply not good enough. 

Sorry but I blame this solely on management.

I genuinely feel we have dropped up to 15 points this season we should have gotten due to nothing but horrendous decision making.

• Like 3

Just watched Brentford vs Sheffield Utd which finished 1-1. We don't want to be playing united in the play-offs. They work really hard and are a decent team. They have pace up front and are not afraid to run at defenders. 

Automatics have gone. 

Let Fulham knacker themselves out chasing Cardiff (most likely failing), and subsequently demoralising themselves. Just concentrate on seeing the season out finishing in the top four, no injuries, get Kodija back to full match fitness and hope our big time players step up in the play offs.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sorry but I blame this solely on management.

I genuinely feel we have dropped up to 15 points this season we should have gotten due to nothing but horrendous decision making.

Agree with this and from such an apparent experienced Championship manager.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Automatics have gone. 

Let Fulham knacker themselves out chasing Cardiff (most likely failing), and subsequently demoralising themselves. Just concentrate on seeing the season out finishing in the top four, no injuries, get Kodija back to full match fitness and hope our big time players step up in the play offs.

I think that's a pipe dream, coming all the way from where they were to slaughter everything in their path, including passing us would be the furthest thing from "demoralising".

It could even make them more determined to win the playoffs, and they have momentum.

Our only hope now is if Kodjia comes back like the Kodjia of old and can pull off wonder goals ala last season.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, striker said:

Agree with this and from such an apparent experienced Championship manager.

Injuries at really bad times have had a very large impact on our starting 11.

If you added up all the games where we were able to start our 1st choice 11, it would be a lot less games than Cardiff or Fulham have been able to.

3 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Injuries at really bad times have had a very large impact on our starting 11.

If you added up all the games where we were able to start our 1st choice 11, it would be a lot less games than Cardiff or Fulham have been able to.

That's supposed to be the reason we assembled such an expensive "Squad", no?

Our squad is worth more than those.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That's supposed to be the reason we assembled such an expensive "Squad", no?

Our squad is worth more than those.

How much they cost really doesn't matter if they are injured and can't play.

We can safely say automatics are gone. I can’t see us going up via the play offs either. We just are not good enough.

Disgusting really considering the amount that has been spent on this squad of players. Only person to blame is the manager.

42 minutes ago, A38villan said:

It's going to be a villa fulham play off final. I just can't see John Terry allowing us to be beaten, I reckon it could be his final competitive match too

Us against the best footballing side in the league on a big pitch like wembley..not overly confident .

5 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Us against the best footballing side in the league on a big pitch like wembley..not overly confident .

I don’t really fancy us against Fulham at Wembley - would rather Fulham catch Cardiff as i would fancy us to beat Cardiff at Wembley and if Cardiff are overhauled by Fulham then it could do real damage to their morale for the play offs .

• Like 1

If we beat Fulham in the play offs, it'll be a much bigger achievement than beating Wolves 4-1. I can' see it, Fulham are stronger as fook.

We have totally mugged these last games, you cannot be seen to be dropping points as easy as we have. Look at Fulham, Cardiff an Wolves showing us how it's done

We have bottled it!!!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think that's a pipe dream, coming all the way from where they were to slaughter everything in their path, including passing us would be the furthest thing from "demoralising".

It could even make them more determined to win the playoffs, and they have momentum.

Our only hope now is if Kodjia comes back like the Kodjia of old and can pull off wonder goals ala last season.

I honestly think that will depend how the remainder of the season pans out.

I know if it was Villa who went on an amazing run only to just miss out on automatic promotion, I’d be fearful of the impact that would have in the play offs.

Anyway, as I’ve accepted that it will be play offs, I’ve had a little look at Boro’s remaining fixtures (I worry about facing them). Sheff Utd, Bristol, Derby and Millwall.

Whatever happens, they’re going to have a big say on who makes those other two play off spots.