17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

Bruce's inherent caution when faced with important games would worry me.

However, I still think we will go up in second. We are good enough, just need the leadership to show now.

I don’t have a good feeling about this game , a week ago I felt this was the banana skin of the 3 and we would get 4 points from the other 2 games - now we need a win today .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I don’t have a good feeling about this game , a week ago I felt this was the banana skin of the 3 and we would get 4 points from the other 2 games - now we need a win today .

So going on your feelings alone we should win then ! :D

• Like 1

Wednesday have 16 players out injured :)

But Wednesday’s treatment table is considerably bigger with no fewer than 16 players expected to miss tomorrow’s match at Hillsborough.

Despite having an array of striking options on the books - including Jordan Rhodes, Gary Hooper and Steven Fletcher - Luhukay didn’t name a recognised striker in his starting XI as the Owls were beaten 2-1 at Millwall in midweek.

Star players Keiren Westwood, Tom Lees, Sam Hutchinson, Kieran Lee, Barry Bannan, Hooper. Fletcher and Fernando Forestieri are all set to miss out which means Villa will come up against an extremely depleted Wednesday team.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sheffield-wednesday-injuries-rhodes-hooper-14330961#ICID=ios_BMNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other

Edited by Eastie

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

But Wednesday’s treatment table is considerably bigger with no fewer than 16 players expected to miss tomorrow’s match at Hillsborough.

Despite having an array of striking options on the books - including Jordan Rhodes, Gary Hooper and Steven Fletcher - Luhukay didn’t name a recognised striker in his starting XI as the Owls were beaten 2-1 at Millwall in midweek.

Star players Keiren Westwood, Tom Lees, Sam Hutchinson, Kieran Lee, Barry Bannan, Hooper. Fletcher and Fernando Forestieri are all set to miss out which means Villa will come up against an extremely depleted Wednesday team.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sheffield-wednesday-injuries-rhodes-hooper-14330961#ICID=ios_BMNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other

We are Aston Villa. 

This will make absolutely no difference. 

Edited by sidcow

9 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Related image

Fair to say, his double life is probably taking a toll on him.

:ph34r:

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Too much doom and gloom for my liking !

When Barry Bannan, decent though he is, is regarded as a major injury blow to them it highlights the fact that there IS a gap ( not a gulf) between the two Clubs.

We have plenty of talent. Wednesday are not Top side and - surely - we have at least SOME faith in a Manager who got 7 Wins in a row ?

I foresee a decent performance and a  good Win.

2 hours ago, terrytini said:

When Barry Bannan, decent though he is, is regarded as a major injury blow to them it highlights the fact that there IS a gap ( not a gulf) between the two Clubs.

He ran the game against us at VP. He is their best player and very good for this level.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, blandy said:
2 hours ago, terrytini said:

He ran the game against us at VP. He is their best player and very good for this level.

Turned out to better than I expected when he was here .

I think we will probably have another winning run between now and the end of the season and just stagger over the line in to the play offs to negate all the dropped points we are accruing now.

Its one thing being cautious or defensive and getting a clean sheet......but we don't.

too Jeykll and Hyde for us to have any serious ambitions.

we could end up taking one point out of a possible 12 from Brentford and Sheff Wed......not good enough.

.......Oh ME of little faith:P

Edited by TRO

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its one thing being cautious or defensive and getting a clean sheet......but we don't.

too Jeykll and Hyde for us to have any serious ambitions.

It has to be down to the quality we have and lack of coaching and consistent approach for me. 

We have top quality so we can put together these runs, but we lose a couple to injury or confidence dips and we don't have that consistent approach and game plan to fall back on. 

Need to make something happen and stop this slump. Its why i felt the preston game was going to be a big game