17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

23 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

What about Tuanzebe, Tro, he is inexperienced but looked decent. If not, and I never thought I would be saying this, Bjarnasson is the best shout.

Possibly......

too late now but this Marko cruiac on loan from Liverpool, looks a shrewd addition for Cardiff.

I think Hourihane and Lansbury are luxury players ok when the team is doing ok.....bit lightweight.

I am not looking for thuggish players, but fighters......I like fighters in the middle, but ones who can play too....like this lad Maddison at Norwich.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

There are still many twists and turns left, but outside of wolves its hitherto incredibly close.

2 things bother me,

• I don't think we quite have the strength in centre mid.
  • No prolific goalscorer

I think Lewis Grabban could change that given a run at centre forward.....but centre mid tells me 2nd is ambitious.....play offs for me.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

My mates at Belfry tonight and said quite a few players there. He getting photos with them and he ain't even a Villa fan. 

Im jealous. 

Hope they nice and relaxed for tomorrow. 

EDIT: Ignore me

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think we will do what we normally do in play offs. completely implode first leg leaving us a mountain to do then win second leg but it will be just short of going through. that is typical villa

Just remind me, when were we last in the play offs? :wacko:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TRO said:

There are still many twists and turns left, but outside of wolves its hitherto incredibly close.

2 things bother me,

• I don't think we quite have the strength in centre mid.
  • No prolific goalscorer

I think Lewis Grabban could change that given a run at centre forward.....but centre mid tells me 2nd is ambitious.....play offs for me.

Thanks for adding to the negativity, TRO. Much appreciated.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, John said:

I thought the same but think the reference may be to the two leg semifinal with Blackburn.;)

And Bradford.

With Blackburn we almost lost that game before storming back. Don't fancy our chances in two legs esp if the away leg is second.

9 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Just remind me, when were we last in the play offs? :wacko:

I was obviously implying about cup games :)

Derby and Fulham have recent experience of choking in play off games so there’s no reason to believe that we are somehow inherently weaker than these teams if we do end up in the playoffs. 

Still reckon we’ll go up automatically so should all be academic in any event.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KT3AVFC said:

Derby and Fulham have recent experience of choking in play off games so there’s no reason to believe that we are somehow inherently weaker than these teams if we do end up in the playoffs. 

Still reckon we’ll go up automatically so should all be academic in any event.

Hope you are right mate...