17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

2 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Why, it's gone.

I meant relatively! I think 2nd was there for the taking. Still a play-off win at Wembley is more memorable ;)

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

I meant relatively! I think 2nd was there for the taking. Still a play-off win at Wembley is more memorable ;)

I said as much in the match thread. If we had just won ONE of those games we would be sitting 2nd tonight. Just one of QPR, Norwich or Bolton. 

As it is we are in the play offs and could end up facing Millwall in the semis. Yuk. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

I said as much in the match thread. If we had just won ONE of those games we would be sitting 2nd tonight. Just one of QPR, Norwich or Bolton. 

As it is we are in the play offs and could end up facing Millwall in the semis. Yuk. 

Can't see us do ishing 3rd it will be 4th

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Yes but Millwall look like they might finish 5th.

They might finish 5th, but they have some tricky games left. Their easiest game is probably the last game against us.

I reckon Derby will just about finish fourth, their game in hand will be some help. It will be close though.

As it stands (always subject to change) I fancy us to win against either to be honest.

1 hour ago, KSV said:

Blessing in disguise this injury to JT. He was looking jaded and in need of a rest. Mile did fantastic the last two games. 6 points. 

Shame we didnt pick up any more during that awful run of games of late.

Norwich to beat Cardiff and Fulham draw with Brentford? 

Would leave it as

Fulham 82
Cardiff 80 (game in hand)
Villa 79

Following week

We have Ipswich. Fulham against an inform Millwall away. I say draw. Possible loss of points there too. Cardiff play Forest and Derby (possible point loss against Derby. Expect them to beat Forest.) Leaving us with. 

Cardiff 84 
Fulham 83
Villa 82

Going into the last two weeks. Still really unlikely to make autos..  I can see Hull beating Cardiff..  easy win against Reading.. Hull are in good nick at the moment. Fulham should have enough to beat Sunderland and Birmingham to rap up 2nd imo. We will probably lose to Millwall away anyway.

Prediction:
Fulham 89
Cardiff 87
Villa 85

Wow. Garry Monk has done a great job there.

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Yes, but it's gone. 

So are the points that came with them games. That's the annoyance.

We could and should have been in pole position for second but threw it away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lerner's Driver said:

No, I get why it's annoying, but why dwell on it? 

If we continue to get wins, and also manage to get.promoted.... I won't. :)

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 1

So Fulham have Birmingham and Sunderland to play in the last few games, both will be scrapping for survival, let’s hope Fulham drop some points there. And Cardiff keep losing.... there’s hope lads! Don’t give up on second yet! :D

47 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

So Fulham have Birmingham and Sunderland to play in the last few games, both will be scrapping for survival, let’s hope Fulham drop some points there. And Cardiff keep losing.... there’s hope lads! Don’t give up on second yet! :D

IF Cardiff win todays game I hope Fulham win later today, as our hopes of 2nd are gone, and I don't want Fulham in the play offs.

But if Cardiff lose, it gives us a tiny hope. But still not sad if Fulham win.

We need 8 of 12 games to end our way if we are to get second place. 3 wins for us, 2 lost for Fulham and 2 lost and 1 draw for Cardiff.

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

Fulham could quite easily play an already relegated Sunderland and already safe Blues. Hopefully that isnt the case.

I think that we just want as many teams to be mathematically in the mix of either promotion or relegation through to the end of the season.