17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

We just need to win. A win tomorrow would be huge, it will atleast make us on par with Fulham, and keep chasing Cardiff. I know we will regret it if we fail to win with Cardiff failing to win next game.

I would have liked Wolves to lose so they could be in their best against Cardiff. But Boro to lose isnt a bad result as we would like them out of the playoffs.

Anotger important thing to mention, we need to keep focusing as teams down there are getting near, we dont want to do "Derby" and be in a dangerous situation regarding playoffs.

Tomorrow is a huge game for us, mentally and also getting back to track.

32 minutes ago, villa82 said:

Fulham get 93 points, it they win the last seven. Cardiff need 14 points in 8 games to get 93. I think Cardiff will get 2nd. 

No easy task getting 14 from Cardiff’s last 8 and only 3 of  those at home with games at villa , derby and Sheffield Utd plus wolves to play - for me if fulham get 93 points they will nick it . 

• Like 1

I remember under Sherwood we had one of our best forms in the PL. Before going to Wembley weve bottles it by losing 6-1 to Southampton when Mane battered us. Weve then lost to a relegated Burnley then had one of our worse games at Wembley, weve lost belief.

We cant afford to go to the playoffs with that mentality. And we still have a slim chance for an automatic spot. We need to keep fighting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

We just need to win. A win tomorrow would be huge, it will atleast make us on par with Fulham, and keep chasing Cardiff. I know we will regret it if we fail to win with Cardiff failing to win next game.

I would have liked Wolves to lose so they could be in their best against Cardiff. But Boro to lose isnt a bad result as we would like them out of the playoffs.

Anotger important thing to mention, we need to keep focusing as teams down there are getting near, we dont want to do "Derby" and be in a dangerous situation regarding playoffs.

Results below us have been kind - we have an 8 point cushion and a game in hand - no worries about finishing in the top 6 for me .

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

How much they cost really doesn't matter if they are injured and can't play.

The point being you would also have stronger players to step in for injured ones, compared to the other teams, obviously.

Looks like Wolves are out of sight.....sadly, showed a juggernaut full of character.

going down to 9 they still showed a winning mentality.....kills me to say it.

good luck to them.

We now need to dig deep resurrect the desire to get back on track.

58 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Results below us have been kind - we have an 8 point cushion and a game in hand - no worries about finishing in the top 6 for me .

Providing the last two brain farts.....were a wobble and not our newly found form.

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I have thought since the first game at home to Hull.....its all about what we do, the opposition and what they do is just a sideshow, that we can do nothing about until we play them.

If we don't go up......we only have ourselves to blame.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We needed 3 points 2 games ago.

Sadly.......I cannot begin to tell you how ******off i have been with our approach to the last 2 games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

Fulham are going to walk the playoffs.

But every cloud has a silver lining, Bruce will finally get the sack.

Its hard to know. The psychological aspect of the playoffs is real. Fulham are probably going to go to the wire with Cardiff. Form suggests they will and if they miss out on automatic you have 3-4 day turn around into knockout football. I dont think we will go up automatically. Its gone. We could beat hull tomorrow and lose to reading tuesday. Thats were we are right now and it wont do at this stage.

6 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Its hard to know. The psychological aspect of the playoffs is real. Fulham are probably going to go to the wire with Cardiff. Form suggests they will and if they miss out on automatic you have 3-4 day turn around into knockout football. I dont think we will go up automatically. Its gone. We could beat hull tomorrow and lose to reading tuesday. Thats were we are right now and it wont do at this stage.

After the last 2 totally and utterly predictable results......NOT.

I have no idea, what Villa team will turn up.

Whatever happens, if we do find ourselves in the championship with Bruce next season and we have another ropey start, I hope we don’t hear about how we shouldn’t worry too much about the results in August and September, it’s where we are in March etc etc. 

He’s right that you can’t win promotion by the start of October. But you can certainly give yourself a bloody big mountain to climb (or not climb) by then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Its actually pathetic most teams playing today yet we are playing 5.30 sat. Its ridiculous.

??? 1.our game was just picked for TV so that's why we are playing Saturday 2. It doesn't make any difference which day we play on. 

With 2 games every week pretty much from now until the play offs, the smart move would be to accept that the autos have gone and use the squad properly from now until then.

Huddersfield took some belters from everyone for resting their entire team in the final game of the last season, but it proved a masterstroke as they were the freshest going into the playoffs and won them.

Rotating the players will keep them fresh rather than playing the same strongest eleven every game trying to chase 2nd, which just isnt going to happen

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Junxs said:

With 2 games every week pretty much from now until the play offs, the smart move would be to accept that the autos have gone and use the squad properly from now until then.

Huddersfield took some belters from everyone for resting their entire team in the final game of the last season, but it proved a masterstroke as they were the freshest going into the playoffs and won them.

Rotating the players will keep them fresh rather than playing the same strongest eleven every game trying to chase 2nd, which just isnt going to happen

I concur

11 minutes ago, villa89 said:

??? 1.our game was just picked for TV so that's why we are playing Saturday 2. It doesn't make any difference which day we play on. 

It does when you have one days less rest with so many games squashed together and the added pressure that comes playing later

The full strength team rule means we can’t rest everyone all the time. But we should be able to juggle a few starting positions nearer the final game so the players who we’ll be looking to step up in the play offs will be suitably refreshed.