17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Automatic over. Which with this squad is a huge failure. 

This year was our best chance. We're going to be a long time down here.

I think Tony can officially shelve his Villa Park plans for good

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Winning the play offs just isn't Aston Villa, is it?

We go again.

We will win the first leg 5-0, the second leg 3-0 and then lose the final 19-0 against a team down to 9 men and suffering the flu. 

That is the Villa way. 

• Haha 1

Just now, AshVilla said:

Tony should throw all the money he has at Jokanovic.

Our only chance is to derail Fulham off the pitch as we won't be beating them on it that's for sure.

FWIW I think Fulham will beat Cardiff to automatic

Time to 'box clever' between now and  any play off games!  Rest and rotate some key players, give Kodjia some game time and work out our best eleven.  Huddersfield did something similar last year and it worked for them.  It's hard to accept performances like the last three, but we need to get behind the team still and we might just go up by the skin of our teeth.  

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I’m done wasting my time watching these clowns until the play offs. Not wasting my time when in three games they have shown 2% effort 

no way are we going up, they don’t want it enough. 

Tell me why Bruce, instead of bringing on all the strikers, didn't try to get balls through the middle? He took off a winger for a striker, left us with one winger and continued crossing the ball when Dawson was dealing with crosses. Put the ball in behind him, widen the pitch and get the two midfielders higher and threatening Dawson with passes. 

Players let down by tactics, or a lack of. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

Time to 'box clever' between now and  any play off games!  Rest and rotate some key players, give Kodjia some game time and work out our best eleven.  Huddersfield did something similar last year and it worked for them.  It's hard to accept performances like the last three, but we need to get behind the team still and we might just go up by the skin of our teeth.  

Bruce and box clever? lol

We go again more like

I'd agree with that Ferguson - it's an ideal time to find out who can make a difference, and to rest a couple of players.

4 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Tony should throw all the money he has at Jokanovic.

If we don't go up, we're going to need 10-12 players with hardly any money to spend at all - I think throwing money at a new manager will be out of the question.

That was another game that didn't fill me with any confidence. I sincerely hope we go into another winning spell right when we need it. Playoffs at best and potential heartache looks to be on the menu.

16 minutes ago, KHV said:

FWIW I think Fulham will beat Cardiff to automatic

So do I and I hope that by missing out Cardiff are demoralised going into the play offs - I’d far rather fancy our chances at Wembley against Cardiff than against Fulham 

• Like 1