17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

On 2/28/2018 at 19:27, Dick said:

There was a suggestion Bruce is a dinosaur 

(This is a joke)

(what do you mean jokes are supposed to be funny?)

Is that because he eats too many kebabs?

i.e ( Diner Sore)

......I'll get my coat.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Is that because he eats too many kebabs?

i.e ( Dinner Sore)

......I'll get my coat.

I tried to think of a dinosaur related pun for about 4 hours and considered it impossible. Your effort is admirable but flawed. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Eastie said:

Our games at home to Cardiff and Leeds are both being shown live on sky as well as Norwich away so that’s 3 games in 6 days with the Leeds game moved to fri night .

with the derby game  likely to be screened live too that means only one of our last 11 games will be a 3pm Saturday kick off.

They must love us good old sky. Out of them all really want to beat cardiff for what happened in August. Set the record straight.

20 hours ago, Nigel said:

It's not just you but I think the term 'proactive' has become a bit all encompassing for everything great. Being proactive has nothing to do with attacking play, in most cases its quite the opposite.

Being proactive means dealing with a problem before it arises, not just attacking a team all the time. The charactistics will change with every game....a lot of the time with negative tactics to nullify threats....mourinho is such a manager.

I think what you were describing is an attacking manager. However I'm not sure how successful you can be with this one way of playing.

20 hours ago, Nigel said:

It's not just you but I think the term 'proactive' has become a bit all encompassing for everything great. Being proactive has nothing to do with attacking play, in most cases its quite the opposite.

Being proactive means dealing with a problem before it arises, not just attacking a team all the time. The charactistics will change with every game....a lot of the time with negative tactics to nullify threats....mourinho is such a manager.

I think what you were describing is an attacking manager. However I'm not sure how successful you can be with this one way of playing.

I actually quoted the dictionary definition of proactive! It’s not just attacking all the time. Look at how we played v Blues. We bossed the game from start to finish. Compare that to how we played v Preston. You can say it’s because we had players missing but every team has that issue at times. We are supposed to be one of the better teams in this league. We should be bossing more games than we do. There’s not many team so we should worry about nullifying as we should make them worry about us. Call it what you want. Proactive Positive attacking it doesn’t change the fact in this league we shouldn’t be afraid of any team. 

• Like 1

I don’t think Bruce or the players ARE afraid of anyone.

I just think he has a way of playing that puts the emphasis on a defensive foundation.

In a different way the Italian teams of the 60/70/80/90’s were very much built on defence but were not afraid of anyone and pretty successful.

Whether it appears we impose ourselves or not ( and I certainly find myself thinking we aren’t quite often ) our results stack up against our rivals, so we must be !

And taking both the Fulham and Wednesday games, whilst I think the SELECTION was too cautious, we certainly didn’t play in a timid, negative, or defensive way.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Jareth said:

I tried to think of a dinosaur related pun for about 4 hours and considered it impossible. Your effort is admirable but flawed. 

Sorry too many n's.....should read "Diner sore":huh:

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dn1982 said:

I actually quoted the dictionary definition of proactive! It’s not just attacking all the time. Look at how we played v Blues. We bossed the game from start to finish. Compare that to how we played v Preston. You can say it’s because we had players missing but every team has that issue at times. We are supposed to be one of the better teams in this league. We should be bossing more games than we do. There’s not many team so we should worry about nullifying as we should make them worry about us. Call it what you want. Proactive Positive attacking it doesn’t change the fact in this league we shouldn’t be afraid of any team. 

I'm not saying we shouldn't. You want a team set up to attack and stay on the front foot then fine, but that has nothing to do with the term that you used.

The other problem with this is the other team. It's all well and good saying to go out and dominate, even given a sound plan, but there are just too many variables to consider as to why this would go wrong. Preston for example out thought and out fought us, you have to give them the credit for that.

It's very easy to assume that it's only us that matters with the outcome of a game, hate to say it but we are not good enough for that. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I'm not saying we shouldn't. You want a team set up to attack and stay on the front foot then fine, but that has nothing to do with the term that you used.

The other problem with this is the other team. It's all well and good saying to go out and dominate, even given a sound plan, but there are just too many variables to consider as to why this would go wrong. Preston for example out thought and out fought us, you have to give them the credit for that.

It's very easy to assume that it's only us that matters with the outcome of a game, hate to say it but we are not good enough for that. 

I totally agree with that Nige.

We have to respect the opposition, they face us with the same intentions, we have.

We would all like to dominate every game, but so would they, so then it becomes a battle.

Many fans talk about set up and tactics and in no way am I going to dismiss that.....but personally i look for the little one on one battles going on all over the pitch during a game.....I believe the more battles you win, the more you start to dominate, sure other factors play a part like a worldie goal against the run of play.....industry or effort plays a big part, drive, intensity, determination....so many factors, in addition to tactics and set up.

The game is played by humans, who have off days or dips in form, not robots with mechanical results.

I think in summary.....There are too many factors to evaluate in criticising a team performance......I guess the league table is as good as it gets.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

In all honesty we must have one of THE best Social Media teams in the business

It's improved so much. Ashame avtv is so shit as if it was as good as social media it would be one of the best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

It's improved so much. Ashame avtv is so shit as if it was as good as social media it would be one of the best.

It's crazy how bad it still is.

I think XIA admitted the service provider wasn't good on twitter.

However guessing they can't do anything about it mid season due to contract etc.

12 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Middlesbrough winning means they are 6th, fair play to them for coming from nowhere really. Making a late dash for the playoffs. 

In the Championship, it seems there are always a couple teams who make a late flurry.

• Like 1

Cardiffs game being postponed may well be good news for us in the long run. Although they have 3 gimme home games shortly, after that they have a really difficult run

and will have to fit Brentford away into that. Could be when we play them we could well be above them!

7 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Cardiffs game being postponed may well be good news for us in the long run. Although they have 3 gimme home games shortly, after that they have a really difficult run

and will have to fit Brentford away into that. Could be when we play them we could well be above them!

Do you reckon ours will still be on?

Alot of people saying it looks likely to be called off.