• Kodjia
    • Grealish (Bjarnason 33)
    • Amavi (Grealish 44)
    • Davis (Kodjia 89)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Goals from today... How many shots did we have!!! Mega impressed!! we look great going forward

Performance looks fine to me! Shots, shots, shots galore! Could have been 5

• Like 3

3 wins and 3 cleans sheets is a great achievement the manager and players deserve credit for that accomplishment.

Howver, for me our performances havent really changed. Weve just come up against lesser opponents and had less bad luck.

Ive still seen nothing to suggest Bruce has a plan or is the man to take us forward. I remain firmly unconvinced.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Yes, I am afraid the "stats" in villaforeurope's post are FAKE NEWS!!!!

I'm thinking that what I missed from that stat is the division it's in but the fact that people the fact that the stat was "fake" still doesn't change the fact that we lost 5 games on the bounce, or 8 of the last 9 before this run...

take away the hyperbole of throwing the 70s out there and there's still no escaping that we've been **** shit for a while before these 3 games 

48 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:
5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'm thinking that what I missed from that stat is the division it's in but the fact that people the fact that the stat was "fake" still doesn't change the fact that we lost 5 games on the bounce, or 8 of the last 9 before this run...

take away the hyperbole of throwing the 70s out there and there's still no escaping that we've been **** shit for a while before these 3 games 

I agree with you on we've been shit for a while before these 3 wins, we've been shit since oh sometime in 2011....

7 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

There is no reason to complain at the moment. You can't complain about winning three in a row because we lost five previously anymore than you can celebrate losses because we won before them! Three wins, three clean sheets - all good!

What will be interesting is how we cope with Huddersfield now. It's a proper team fighting for promotion but we should be a lot less nervous now, relegation is largely not a concern anymore and the team is beginning to gel. A draw would be nice...

A win would be nice ,never mind a draw . I demand optimism. 

3 wins on the bounce? I'll take them! Let's not obscure reality, since MON left we have been a very sad sight.

The idea that we would be promotion contenders immediately was hopeful at best. Have we lost sight of how poor we were for the last 6 years under Lerner?

We actually will benefit from another year in the Championship. It will take that long to build a solid footballing base to enable us to return to the Premiership and be competitive. 

These 3 wins will go a long way to take the pressure of relegation off our backs and perhaps we might end the season with a promising finish. We might also discover that what Steve Bruce envisions for Aston Villa is close to what we fans have always dreamed and never really thought could happen.

That said, this was a solid win over a team headed to League 2. However a win is a win and still worth celebrating. Too bad that we had to suffer more injuries along the way though.

Hudders will be more challenging and our result there might be more indicative of where we are at this stage of the season.

Pleased with the 3 points !

• Like 2

This was the sort of game we might have lost a few weeks ago despite Rotherham being where they are in the league. We might have also settled for a point having failed to score in the first half hour under RDM. Instead we kept looking to win it and came out 2-0 winners. On another day we might have won by 5 but 2 will do for me. You can only beat the team that is put in front of you and we have now done that the last 3 times we have played. I'm happy enough with that.   

13 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I assume you watched the game, correct? 

The midfield is closer to 'gelling', players who you would expect to perform like Hourihane are now performing. 

How is it not an improvement on the bilge of a couple of weeks back? I'm mega confused. 

Ive watched each of our last 9 games, not live but after the fact and many times over.

Other than Bruce messing with the formation i see very little change in individual performance (i.e. the things they are trying to do) the only marked difference i see is the quality of the opposition allowed us to complete more of the movements than better opposition would have.

I hope im wrong, but i fear when we meet hiddesgield we will see something closer to 9 games ago than the last 3.

I honestly cant see anything on the pitch has really changed and i think thats ultimately down to coaching as opposed to some all encompassing curse as some are suggesting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Id love to know how many folks vote on the 3 options when they havnt been to the game.

I think it's reasonable to vote if you've followed the whole game, regardless of whether you attended. The votes are public. I do find it odd when people vote and they've posted in the thread saying they didn't watch.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, limpid said:

I think it's reasonable to vote if you've followed the whole game, regardless of whether you attended. The votes are public. I do find it odd when people vote and they've posted in the thread saying they didn't watch.

Yes i agree if you have seen the game yourself, what i meant to say is i wonder how many vote who listened on radio for example.

I listened to it on the radio and watched 20 mins on a periscope feed. Couldn't go so had to make so with that. Did I vote? Yes, I voted for the player that seemed to make a difference, based on what I've heard, seen and read. 

The good thing is, votes don't actually count for anything. They give an impression for who made an impact, that's all thought. 

Â