Formula One - 2017

BOF

I don't like formula one, and even in the days when I was a multi sports fan I was never that keen on it. Watched it today up my grandads, because he likes it and it was on. I'm not a massive fan of Hamilton at all, and I normally route for anyone apart from him. Maybe he's not that bad, but he just comes across a clearing in the woods.

Just back from the race, I was praying for rain in the middle but it came about 30 mins after the race which is a shame.

The end was great, after Kimi pitted and Vettel promoted to third I was a bit gutted but then he gets his puncture too :lol: 

For ripping off the fans though F1 is well above football (who I thought took the piss). A team cap, £35, crappy round neck unbranded T-Shirt with a drivers face on it £30, they were selling Ayton Senna branded polo shirts for £100!!

I thought about grabbing a couple of caps for the kids, but £70 on 2 caps is a joke.

Other than that, support races were great as were the red arrows. 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Genie said:

For ripping off the fans though F1 is well above football

Yet they can't afford to keep staging the race at Silverstone as they are losing money. The biggest attended race on the calendar with all the overpriced stuff they're selling and they still can't turn a profit. All sport in this country is broken, F1 particularly so.

Edited by choffer

gate receipts alone for silverstone GP are over £40 million, This is without all the VIP money & food/drink/merchandise and other crap. They are complaining that they can not afford to pay £15-20 million to put the race on.

They are either greedy, stupid or both.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, andyh said:

Why, what has he done that upsets you so much?

We've done this before and I was asking the same question.

You would think he was murdering puppies and kittens with the general consensus of him on here. I can't deny he is arrogant but he's one of the best F1 drivers ever (with the stats to back it up). Winners can be arseholes sometimes I'm afraid, it comes with the territory.

10 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Winners can be arseholes sometimes I'm afraid, it comes with the territory.

So you agree then.

13 minutes ago, BOF said:

So you agree then.

I don't think he is an arsehole or a colossal bellend (sorry Chindie), just that he can be sometimes, a bit like Vettel was in Baku when he rammed Hamilton (I also don't think Vettel is an arsehole either).

Murray can be a grumpy sod at times but I still like him as well.

1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

gate receipts alone for silverstone GP are over £40 million, This is without all the VIP money & food/drink/merchandise and other crap. They are complaining that they can not afford to pay £15-20 million to put the race on.

They are either greedy, stupid or both.

Well if they were making millions I am sure they wouldnt be rocking the boat.They had to pay something like £17 million this year before a single ticket was sold, god knows how much it costs to put it on over the 4 days.

There is no way it costs more than 20 million to put on,

140,000 + people paying £300 or so per ticket is 42 million, (basic general admission entry with no seat is £230) seats generally range from 330 for nosebleeds at some of the more boring corners to 650 on the pit straight & the seats are usually 90%+ sold out

This is before any advertising/commercial deals and takings from food/drink/merchandise/selling space to vendors etc+ another £45 quid to gain entry to the concerts they have on the grounds on Thursday evenings & £50 per car parking for the sunday alone.

If they are not rolling around in a giant vault of cash like scrooge mcduck they are doing something very wrong, Perhaps Dianne Abbot is doing the accounts for them

Edited by LakotaDakota

Aren't the £300 tickets for the whole weekend though? I got club tickets (Becketts/Maggotts) when I last went and they were £650 for the weekend. The place was not even a fifth full on Friday, half full on Saturday and full on Sunday. I'd imagine the general access tickets for just the Sunday would be much cheaper. 

Not really, The sunday tickets are what cost the money, they basically give you the rest of the weekend for a nominal amount

General admission

Sunday 205 - Weekend 229

Stowe Grandstand

Sunday 275 - Weekend 329

Woodcote/Luffield

Sunday 329 - Weekend 359

Becketts

Sunday 439 - Weekend 469

Pit straight

Sunday 439-549 - Weekend 469 - 659

Same with the parking. £50 for Sunday or £66 for the weekend on the same carpark

If you just wanted to go on Friday or Saturday though to watch the practice/qualifying then you do not get the same cheap rate. Friday general admission is £66, Saturday is £88

you can get official packages to the malaysian GP including flights from the uk, 5 nights in 5 star hotel, transfer to & from the track on fri/sat/sun and final corner/pit straight tickets for under a grand

Edited by LakotaDakota

Ah. I guess I hadn't really thought of it like that given that I didn't actually pay for my tickets.

Edit - with that in mind, our tickets were obviously nearer £700 for the pair.

Edited by choffer

1 hour ago, choffer said:

Ah. I guess I hadn't really thought of it like that given that I didn't actually pay for my tickets.

Edit - with that in mind, our tickets were obviously nearer £700 for the pair.

If you had any sort of paddock club/hospitality ticket they start at £1000 for Sundays

On 17/07/2017 at 13:03, AVFCDAN said:

I don't think he is an arsehole or a colossal bellend (sorry Chindie), just that he can be sometimes, a bit like Vettel was in Baku when he rammed Hamilton (I also don't think Vettel is an arsehole either).

Murray can be a grumpy sod at times but I still like him as well.

Did Murray **** off to live in Switzerland (and then Monaco)?

Â