The Manager thread

Xela

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Did he not make Kane world class? Kane had little game time before Poch arrived and played under 3 managers previously. He was also not allowed to sign a player for 18 months but got that team to Champions league final. Spurs weren't even regulars in the tournament before he arrived 

Historic is OTT but he is a top tier manager

I think his next job will define him. If he goes to a top club and achieves something then fair enough but at this stage the jury is still out.

On 15/01/2020 at 12:28, Zatman said:

Did he not make Kane world class? Kane had little game time before Poch arrived and played under 3 managers previously. He was also not allowed to sign a player for 18 months but got that team to Champions league final. Spurs weren't even regulars in the tournament before he arrived 

I think we all know Kane was down to Sherwood :P:excl:

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I think we all know Kane was down to Sherwood :P:excl:

Forgot Tim discovered both him and Jack in the local park while taking his dogs for a walk 😉

In fairness Sherwood he wasn't afraud to give youth a chance was probably his strongest attribute

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

Forgot Tim discovered both him and Jack in the local park while taking his dogs for a walk 😉

In fairness Sherwood he wasn't afraud to give youth a chance was probably his strongest attribute

Yes, Sherwood had precisely two virtues as a manager. One, as you say, was giving youth a chance. The other was being a 'striker whisperer'. 

Historically awful at everything else, but good in those two ways. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, sne said:

Our buddy Colin Calderwood sacked by League 2 side Cambridge currently sitting in 18th

Over the last 21 games they are the worst team in the league. 18 points over that period.

EDIT: I'd like your post due to my dislike of CC but I've used my likes sorry.

Edited by Hornso

• 2 weeks later...

All good things must come to an end and after 10 weeks Jurgen Klinsmann has decided to bugger off from Hertha Berlin claiming a lack of trust and confidence. (He will remain on their board thou.)

More likely he's already been found out and doesn't want to risk whatever little reputation he has left.

Him and Sherwood really are not all that different when it comes to ability. Guy is a joke.

7 hours ago, sne said:

All good things must come to an end and after 10 weeks Jurgen Klinsmann has decided to bugger off from Hertha Berlin claiming a lack of trust and confidence. (He will remain on their board thou.)

Yep a lack of trust they gave him a 25million striker. Might be wrong but think its Hertha record signing

His name has popped up in the multiple new Manager threads over the years 😂

• Haha 1

On 12/02/2020 at 05:39, Zatman said:

Yep a lack of trust they gave him a 25million striker. Might be wrong but think its Hertha record signing

His name has popped up in the multiple new Manager threads over the years 😂

I'm a Hertha supporter, but if my level of support for Villa is 100, then my support for Hertha is probably no more than a 5. I have no **** idea what's going on there. And yes, Piatek was their record signing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 15/01/2020 at 12:28, Zatman said:

This. HIstoric is definitely an exaggeration, but he's a very very good manager.

He needs to win a couple of trophies though.

3 minutes ago, Bugzy1991 said:

Because If you think a manager is capable of achieving that much, he must be a genius. 

I never said you guys claim that ;)

Quoting in here as it's nothing to do with Newcastle...

So do you genuinely believe that a manager has no input? I'm not sure what you're getting at here. If it was nothing to do with Ranieri, why have Leicester not won the title every year since? I'm genuinely curious.

• 1 month later...

Pulis not fond of 'that Barca' football

Foster had a year at Birmingham, where he won the League Cup, before spending seven seasons at West Brom and playing under Tony Pulis. He recalls one particular ending to the 2016-17 campaign.

"It was the last game of the season. We were playing away at Swansea when they were in the Premier League and winning 1-0. They were a good team, slick. It was baking hot and we were not playing Tony Pulis football, it was lovely football.

"We get in half-time and he goes 'what are you doing?! What is that?' He holds up a picture of a pitch and draws a line from one 18-yard line all the way across to the other and scribbles out the middle of the pitch.

"He said 'forget that Barca stuff, get it in there and get round it'. Then we went and lost the game 2-1. It was incredible."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52443202

• Haha 3

Â