The Manager thread

Xela

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Joey Barton has kicked out a player at Fleetwood for undisclosed reasons but said he crossed the line. 

For a man that assaulted a number of people, what is Joey version of crossing the line 🤔

Probably someone hitting back.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Joey Barton has kicked out a player at Fleetwood for undisclosed reasons but said he crossed the line. 

For a man that assaulted a number of people, what is Joey version of crossing the line 🤔

Went on a team bonding session and said player called it an early night and went to bed without happy slapping some kid or physically assaulting someone.

Game. Has. Gone.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Probably said please or thank you

Getting a bit sad now with Diego Simeone's hair.

He's so very obviously going bald but is fluffing his hair up like a poodle to cover is.

He's a year away from going Trump at this rate.

So it looks like Xavi is set to take over at Barcelona. Only question is if it's sooner or later.

Valverde will be gone this season or at the latest in the summer and Xavi will take over.

On 12/01/2020 at 13:49, sne said:

So it looks like Xavi is set to take over at Barcelona. Only question is if it's sooner or later.

Valverde will be gone this season or at the latest in the summer and Xavi will take over.

Valverdes gone

6 months too late 

I think it draws a lot of comparisons to pep, they will be thought of as having a great squad to inherit and he can hit the ground running, easy job... In reality it's not, he needs the balls to drop and sell a  lot of older huge names, especially seeing as they have a decent crop coming through again, pep did have the balls

Can you see Xavi selling pique and busquets in the summer?! 

Edited by villa4europe

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Valverdes gone

6 months too late 

I think it draws a lot of comparisons to pep, they will be thought of as having a great squad to inherit and he can hit the ground running, easy job... In reality it's not, he needs the balls to drop and sell a  lot of older huge names, especially seeing as they have a decent crop coming through again, pep did have the balls

Nah, that's the thing, Messi, Pique, Alba and Busquets run the team. Can't see Xavi getting too disruptive.

Apparently Poch is plan B.

Just now, sne said:

Nah, that's the thing, Messi, Pique, Alba and Busquets run the team. Can't see Xavi getting too disruptive.

Thats the credit that Peps detractors can never give him

Crazy who he sold when he took over

• Like 1

Regardless of his ability, Barcelona have treated Valverde like shit in the last few days. Not like he was some word removed manager, he won a number of titles and the club treated him with no respect

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

They need Nigel Pearson! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Regardless of his ability, Barcelona have treated Valverde like shit in the last few days. Not like he was some word removed manager, he won a number of titles and the club treated him with no respect

As a club, they are utterly devoid of class, and have been for years.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, sne said:

I know they've already appointed someone else, but isn't it widely known that it would never be Pochettino at Barca? Having played for 10 years at Espanyol

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I know they've already appointed someone else, but isn't it widely known that it would never be Pochettino at Barca? Having played for 10 years at Espanyol

There is that, but then there is also money.

Think it will be Xavi pretty soon. Setien seem more like someone who is brought in on the "cheap" with his only job not to upset the players and take the fall if they fail.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Koeman said he would take it after the Euros, obviously a club legend but he won't be afraid tell players to start playing

Seen reports that the contract with Setien is stipulated as a 6 months + 1 year + 1 year and that would make sense.

For him it's the biggest job he'll ever get and for Barca they can get rid without much compensation when they get the guy they want, be it Koeman or Xavi.

There is a presidential election coming up next year so this sacking and whoever comes in next will be very much to appease the fans

Edited by sne

I saw this headline and it had me thinking that isn’t Poch a bit over-rated?

Manchester United are passing up an historic opportunity to appoint Mauricio Pochettino

Historic, really? He did ok at Spurs with a very good squad and a genuine world class striker. Won nothing, and got sacked recently on form.

They talk about him like he’s Mr Success. I think he could be the next Moyes.

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

I saw this headline and it had me thinking that isn’t Poch a bit over-rated?

Historic, really? He did ok at Spurs with a very good squad and a genuine world class striker. Won nothing, and got sacked recently on form.

They talk about him like he’s Mr Success. I think he could be the next Moyes.

Did he not make Kane world class? Kane had little game time before Poch arrived and played under 3 managers previously. He was also not allowed to sign a player for 18 months but got that team to Champions league final. Spurs weren't even regulars in the tournament before he arrived 

Historic is OTT but he is a top tier manager

Â