The Manager thread

Xela

22 minutes ago, Chindie said:

That Everton side has something severely wrong with it, and even for how crap Silva has been I'm not sure it's all down to him. Their strike force is appalling.

The owner must think what has he signed up for. A bit like QPR when they got in Fernandes actually, splashing cash for sake of it

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Vitor Pereira heavily linked with the Everton job.

Who do you replace a Portuguese manager who's success has come at Porto and olympiakos with

A Portuguese manager with near enough the same experience with the added bonus of managing such goliath in football with al Ahli and Shanghai SIPG (currently on £20million a year in China)

That moshiri bloke at Everton makes randy Lerner look shrewd 

Don't understand that appointment from Watford either, they've gone for the British short term fix option and arguably picked the worst one.

Yes Pearson did well overall at Leicester but in the five years since he managed Derby for two months and hasn't done great either in the Belgian second division.

Last managed in the prem in 2015, think Watford are as good as down now and not even sure they'll get a bounce as their next three are Palace and Man. United at home and Liverpool away so could easily be 10 + points adrift of 17th by the time we get to New year.

1 hour ago, Jimzk5 said:

Who do you replace a Portuguese manager who's success has come at Porto and olympiakos with

A Portuguese manager with near enough the same experience with the added bonus of managing such goliath in football with al Ahli and Shanghai SIPG (currently on £20million a year in China)

That moshiri bloke at Everton makes randy Lerner look shrewd 

All I thought I knew of him was when he was at Shakthar and came in to a press conference with a spiderman mask......turns out that was Paulo Fonseca who is doing a good job at Roma now and plays good football.

Pearson did a good job of keeping Leicester up when they it looked as though they had no chance of surviving the year before the won the title, so I wouldn't just presume he's going to do a bad job. Although not sure if their squad is suitable to his management style and the way he likes to play football, the funny thing is their players apparently asked for a British manager, we'll have to see they should have been more careful what they wished for.

Â