The Manager thread

Xela

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I personally couldnt care less if he was Argentinian he fots perfect profile to replace southgate

In Argentina they would care, be like writing your own death warrant

I'm a bit of a dinosaur in the respect that I think the England manager should be English. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I'm a bit of a dinosaur in the respect that I think the England manager should be English. 

For the larger nations I agree with you, makes it feel more real in a weird way. 

The smaller nations deserve a bit more slack with coaches though.

However, if it meant Southgate wasn't the manager anymore I think I'd be willing to consider just about anyone. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Percy has retweeted this. Kane being coached by Craig Bellamy 🤣

Incredible. Wonder what odds on Bayern going down next season 😂

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

A manager who was that tactically inept he relegated his team in the easiest premiership season to survive, then gets one of the most prestigious managerial jobs in world football 

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91480ajj6h3eod91qp0d

Edited by CarryOnVilla

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Is that klopp getting the Germany job?

It's a bizarre appointment, the squad needs a lot of work too

Nagelsmann extended his contract last week

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Nagelsmann extended his contract last week

That's even more shocking then, we will see this summer but I don't think nagelsmann has done a good job, germany look a bit lost at the moment 

Kompany is a bad appointment which could be made to look even worse when klopp goes somewhere else, alternatively if klopp takes time off kompany won't cost a lot to get rid of when klopp is ready to take over, that would probably be my guess, he's a cheap gap filler

On 21/05/2024 at 15:36, Rds1983 said:

Kompamy does not deserve the Bayern job. However, I have to give him some credit in that he was prepared to get some lower and unfashionable jobs and didn't just expect to take over a top club as soon as he retired like a lot of ex pros seem to do.

Only Burnley really. Getting Anderlecht straight after Man. City retirement was certainly an example of his status.

He won't last very long at Bayern imo.

Â