Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

51 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Hopefully he goes there and scores a few.  We then know we DO have a player on our hands after all and either he comes back here and does well for us next season or someone actually does take him off our hands for a bit of a fee and get 100% of his wages off the book.

I think it is very very telling though that his old manager who got lots of goals out of him, and Hogan tweeted his delight to see arrive, still doesn't seem to fancy him.

Would you fancy any other striker in the league to displace Tammy Abraham in our starting XI from the Championship?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Merson08 said:

Would you fancy any other striker in the league to displace Tammy Abraham in our starting XI from the Championship?

Of course not but I would expect him to be on the bench ahead of Keinan Davis

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Of course not but I would expect him to be on the bench ahead of Keinan Davis

I wouldn't. To my mind Davis has done a lot more in the shirt when he has had the minutes than Hogan. Granted Davis hasn't been spectacular in front of goal but even so he's offered a damned sight more to the team than Hogan.

I'm now wondering to myself how well Hogan would do playing off Davis a la Quinn and Phillips or Heskey and Owen...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pitman_Pod said:

I wouldn't. To my mind Davis has done a lot more in the shirt when he has had the minutes than Hogan. Granted Davis hasn't been spectacular in front of goal but even so he's offered a damned sight more to the team than Hogan.

AAggghhhh

Yes, that was the point I was trying to make if you read back.  I said that Smith clearly doesn't fancy him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

AAggghhhh

Yes, that was the point I was trying to make if you read back.  I said that Smith clearly doesn't fancy him.

My scroll wheel is broken. Just like Hogan.

Edited by Pitman_Pod
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Watch him score the winner in the playoff final, I can feel it in my bones.

I don't think we can recall him till after the final is over 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

When he came he looked a good player, first few weeks he was making intelligent runs and we were not picking him out. He then lost confidence and for injured. After w long time out, came back, scored a few goals but then lost form again. The last year he has been woeful every time he went on the pitch. He running had gone, his effort had gone and his touch was awful. 

It hasn’t worked here, I hope he goes there scores and gains confidence as he seemed a likeable character. 

I’m intrigued to see how this develops, I really think he’ll be a success under Wilder and with his current squad, which should help us shift him. I think it’s the restart he needs to regain his confidence. He’s been poor for us thus far and just wasn’t a good fit at all, but need him to refind that Brentford form, so we can get some return on him.

2 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

I’m intrigued to see how this develops, I really think he’ll be a success under Wilder and with his current squad, which should help us shift him. I think it’s the restart he needs to regain his confidence. He’s been poor for us thus far and just wasn’t a good fit at all, but need him to refind that Brentford form, so we can get some return on him.

I'm equally intrigued. I think he will fit in and if he can regain some confidence, I expect him to grab a few goals. 

• Like 1

Â