Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

2 minutes ago, Jonsi77 said:

Hospital passes!! Ignore easy attacking passes!! you should watch the game from last night and you will see the opposite. And a lots of game on the highest level in international football. Champinship is a bulldog football which is not suitable for Bjarnason.

I watched the game. Are you Icelandic or his agent? He's so limited and would get badly exposed in the PL rather than that joke kick around against a MLS team that were going through the motions

Last night was all about getting players game time and match fitness. Judging players in a friendly against a team who were playing their second team is just unrealistic. The whole trip was about team bonding and PR. We played completely different players in each half, nobody is getting judged on their long term future either positively or negatively. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I watched the game. Are you Icelandic or his agent? He's so limited and would get badly exposed in the PL rather than that joke kick around against a MLS team that were going through the motions

Ive read many comments across a couple of forums that say Birkir played well. Any chance you're just biased against him?

He will be a useful squad player, we need 25 in a squad not just the starting 11!

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

Ive read many comments across a couple of forums that say Birkir played well. Any chance you're just biased against him?

He will be a useful squad player, we need 25 in a squad not just the starting 11!

Will he?

Grealish, mcginn, hourihane, douglas, lansbury are all players i'd have ahead of him. We may even sign another midfield player. 

I'll be amazed if thor gets picked to play premier league games this year. He is awful

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Ozzy vs Kiwi. FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!!! 😁

• Haha 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

Will he?

Grealish, mcginn, hourihane, douglas, lansbury are all players i'd have ahead of him. We may even sign another midfield player. 

I'll be amazed if thor gets picked to play premier league games this year. He is awful

I'd take Birkir over Lansbury. More versatile and can actually stay on the pitch for a run of games. 

'He is awful' is just a lazy comment 🙄

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

Ozzy vs Kiwi. FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!!! 😁

To be honest mate, with political climate here I'd rather be a Kiwi! Always had a lot of respect for them as a country.

• Like 1

Just now, AV82 said:

I wouldn't have him near the first 11 but in all fairness I thought he did a decent job last night.

And that's fine, but I think for a guy who seems to keep his head down and not cause any hassles has value in our squad.

2 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I'd take Birkir over Lansbury. More versatile and can actually stay on the pitch for a run of games. 

'He is awful' is just a lazy comment 🙄

Haha sorry. Do you want a detailed analysis of every performance?

He's been here long enough. We've all seen him on numerous occasions. He is an awful footballer at championship level. 

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

To be honest mate, with political climate here I'd rather be a Kiwi! Always had a lot of respect for them as a country.

Better cricket team than you too mate 😋

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Haha sorry. Do you want a detailed analysis of every performance?

He's been here long enough. We've all seen him on numerous occasions. He is an awful footballer at championship level. 

No I don't want a detailed analysis of every performance, I don't think it would be very accurate 😁

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

Better cricket team than you too mate 😋

This is as OT as I'll go but I don't like or support my country's cricket team, haven't for a long time. I have various bets on with you lot to win the Ashes...... So don't let me down

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

This is as OT as I'll go but I don't like or support my country's cricket team, haven't for a long time. I have various bets on with you lot to win the Ashes...... So don't let me down

Sorry couldn’t resist a little dig, I think it’s rude not to when Poms and Ozzies are having a little chat 😎. I think the Ashes will be a tight series, but you’re right OT. 

Â