Jump to content
Barney_avfc

Birkir Bjarnason

Recommended Posts

I’d keep Thor around till at least January and ship out Lansbury first simply down to needing bodies in extreme circumstances and Lansbury’s wages . Both offer nothing to us as it stands other than cover in the event of an injury crisis and Thors contract is a fraction of Lansbury’s... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thabucks said:

I’d keep Thor around till at least January and ship out Lansbury first simply down to needing bodies in extreme circumstances and Lansbury’s wages . Both offer nothing to us as it stands other than cover in the event of an injury crisis and Thors contract is a fraction of Lansbury’s... 

I think if we get Phillips and maybe another it might be a case of bye bye to both of them perhaps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given we have such a small squad and Bjarnason is a versatile player, I'd be happy to keep him around.  He won't be in the first team unless absolutely necessary and doesn't seem like the kind of person to kick up a fuss or start dragging the mood in the dressing room down.

I imagine he keeps himself to himself to be honest - just sitting around eating rollmops or something.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think if we get Phillips and maybe another it might be a case of bye bye to both of them perhaps?

We probably dont have the swuad depth to release or loan them.

If we had Phillips, with Mcginn and Grealish the other two starters, we would only really have hourihane, lansbury and Thor as backup, we really need 3 players as backup for a 3 man midfield.

That's unless you count toshibola.

Jota might also be counted in that 3 as he could play the Grealish role.

Anyway, unless we sign more than jist Phillips for the central roles we need the others as cover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

We probably dont have the swuad depth to release or loan them.

If we had Phillips, with Mcginn and Grealish the other two starters, we would only really have hourihane, lansbury and Thor as backup, we really need 3 players as backup for a 3 man midfield.

That's unless you count toshibola.

Jota might also be counted in that 3 as he could play the Grealish role.

Anyway, unless we sign more than jist Phillips for the central roles we need the others as cover.

I dare say they might be following if the plan is to indeed ship out Thor and Lanso.

If I had to pick 1 to keep it would be Thor for the simple reason he is an international and might be worth about £1m more than Lansbury, not forgetting that he hasn't got hamstrings like worn elastic bands either.

Lansbury and Thishbola for the exit for me.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎02‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 09:33, Kiwivillan said:

Been better than good at Burnley. Would have him a heartbeat over Thor who is masquerading as a professional footballer

Masquerading as a football player - :)  would be great to have plenty more of that kind of masquerading player in Villa. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/07/2019 at 18:23, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think if we get Phillips and maybe another it might be a case of bye bye to both of them perhaps?

You could probably find a suitor for Thor but I think you’d struggle to find a club that would offer the transfer fee and wages required to tempt Lansbury to give up his contract here. We might as well keep him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

You could probably find a suitor for Thor but I think you’d struggle to find a club that would offer the transfer fee and wages required to tempt Lansbury to give up his contract here. We might as well keep him. 

Thor was standout in second half. First class long passes, positioned himself at highest. Why should Villa sell that kind of quality?? And buy it somewhere else for huge money?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jonsi77 said:

Thor was standout in second half. First class long passes, positioned himself at highest. Why should Villa sell that kind of quality?? And buy it somewhere else for huge money?

Consistency?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Consistency?

If he will play in Premier League he will not be standout player in every match, but he will give the team highest quality in most of theme. Im not saying that hes going to be a starter in every game but for sure he can be very valuable squad player. Player with hes quality are very expensive and by keeping him Villa is saving the money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Jonsi77 said:

Thor was standout in second half. First class long passes, positioned himself at highest. Why should Villa sell that kind of quality?? And buy it somewhere else for huge money?

He wasn't standout......played pretty well but was rarely put under any pressure.

Goal was great, good run and excellent header but it's not enough to change opinions on him overnight.

Few more performances like that in pre-season and sure, let's start considering him a first team option again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He wasn't standout......played pretty well but was rarely put under any pressure.

Goal was great, good run and excellent header but it's not enough to change opinions on him overnight.

Few more performances like that in pre-season and sure, let's start considering him a first team option again.

I respect your opinion, though im totally dissagree about not considering him a first team choise , but who was standout in second half by your opinion? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jonsi77 said:

If he will play in Premier League he will not be standout player in every match, but he will give the team highest quality in most of theme. Im not saying that hes going to be a starter in every game but for sure he can be very valuable squad player. Player with hes quality are very expensive and by keeping him Villa is saving the money. 

Bjarnason...highest quality? Are we on about the same player?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Bjarnason...highest quality? Are we on about the same player?

 

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Bjarnason...highest quality? Are we on about the same player?

ya thats only one player with that name. And he showed highest guality in long passes and position ability last night in USA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Jonsi77 said:

I respect your opinion, though im totally dissagree about not considering him a first team choise , but who was standout in second half by your opinion? 

I’d say Guilbert was the standout performer in the second half 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jonsi77 said:

Thor was standout in second half. First class long passes, positioned himself at highest. Why should Villa sell that kind of quality?? And buy it somewhere else for huge money?

What’s with the love for Thor? 

Also why are your posts still in blue. Sort it out please otherwise people will think you are a visitor.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Jonsi77 said:

If he will play in Premier League he will not be standout player in every match, but he will give the team highest quality in most of theme. Im not saying that hes going to be a starter in every game but for sure he can be very valuable squad player. Player with hes quality are very expensive and by keeping him Villa is saving the money. 

How do you explain his inability since he joined to completely ignore an easy attacking pass or give hospital passes. I know he's capable but his vision is so poor under no pressure some times I feel he'd struggle in my local 5 a side. His shitty passing would've led to 2 chances on goal in the PL but Minnesota had given up by then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I’d say Guilbert was the standout performer in the second half 

He was very good also :) Never seen him before but showed high quality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What’s with the love for Thor? 

No specific love, just pinpointing facts and trying to safe money for the club.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

How do you explain his inability since he joined to completely ignore an easy attacking pass or give hospital passes. I know he's capable but his vision is so poor under no pressure some times I feel he'd struggle in my local 5 a side. His shitty passing would've led to 2 chances on goal in the PL but Minnesota had given up by then

Hospital passes!! Ignore easy attacking passes!! you should watch the game from last night and you will see the opposite. And a lots of game on the highest level in international football. Champinship is a bulldog football which is not suitable for Bjarnason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


×
×
  • Create New...
Â