Club anthem?

villanwesty88

I don't think you can manufacture these things. They have to just happen.

I thought the "Don't Look Back in Anger" thing might catch on. But the only way it would would be if fans sung it without having to have it pumped into the stadium over the tannoy.

As far as I'm aware, that hasn't happened.

But yeah, there have been a couple of attempts at manufacturing a Villa anthem and they've been basically horrendous.

Hated 'Dont look back in anger' as an anthem for our club...

Mainly for the fact that it is performed by two massive Man City fans... Man City being the club that pretty much catalysed the dismantling of our squad by taking our best players year after year when they could afford any world class player in the world that they wanted...

I've found a melody we can plagiarize. We just need to get rid of the "Championes" lyric as it's cringe . So needs to go WE'RE THE VILLA, WE'RE THE ????? Some tweeks to the verse as well. I think sang at full belt would sound ok.

What about: WE'RE THE VILLA , WE'RE THE ASTON VILLA (WE ARE THE PRIDE BRUM, WE ARE THE PRIDE OF BRUM)? 

I know people say needs to be organic etc but if we could in a quirky internet way adapt our own version of this silly song, that would be cool. 

Edited by NottingVilla

3 hours ago, villarocker said:

Perhaps Changes would be a more appropriate Ozzy song? Lol. Joking apart, War Pigs would be better, with changed lyrics of course:

Villans gathered in their masses, at Villa Park where all the class is. 

Our football minds plot domination, to be the best team in the nation. 

On the field the players are yearning, to be the best - our tide is turning. 

Another victory today, and we'll soon be on our way. 

Back to the top yeah.... 

no shit I had this idea too and wrote some lyrics

my 1st line was Honestly and I swear on my left & right bollock, my tool and its contents

Villans gathered in their masses........

I'll have look for what esle I csme up with

Edited by Grasshopper

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

something like this could be intimidating for away fans but just dont think Villa Park is type of place

St Pauli are a bit special in terms of atmosphere.  Would be amazing but no way we'd be able to replicate it.

I'll sign up though if another 39,999 people are game.

15 hours ago, maqroll said:

Aston Villa, qu'est-ce que c'est

Fa-fa-fa-fafafafa-fa-fa better- run-run-run, run-run run away

Oh -oh-oh-OOH, yayayayayayaya!

I'll get my coat

What tune do we sing the 'I'll get my coat' bit to?

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

A singing/ultras section in part of the Holte end would possibly be worth implementing at some stage. I know it it can be a little cringeworthy but in general Villa fans can come across as very negative/depressed (with some justification). A section of positivity could become infectious to the rest of VP and who knows maybe an anthem could develop.

More Steel Pulse needs to be played in the ground too,

8 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

no shit I had this idea too and wrote some lyrics

my 1st line was Honestly and I swear on my left & right bollock, my tool and its contents

Villans gathered in their masses........

I'll have look for what esle I csme up with

Great minds........  Grasshopper ;)

For me, War Pigs is the ultimate Sabbath tune and a very meaningful one at that. When you think of all the politricks that goes on in numerous governments today that song really still has appeal. In fact, it's a song that will probably be relevant for the rest of time! I think it makes for a great anthem for any sporting club. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

A singing/ultras section in part of the Holte end would possibly be worth implementing at some stage. I know it it can be a little cringeworthy but in general Villa fans can come across as very negative/depressed (with some justification). A section of positivity could become infectious to the rest of VP and who knows maybe an anthem could develop.

More Steel Pulse needs to be played in the ground too,

My mate at work is the brother of the singer from Steel Pulse and a Villa fan too, I'm sure he'd love that! 

• Like 1

I'm afraid we missed the boat regarding an anthem. As has been posted before its really hard to get a good anthem to stick. All the clubs with them have had them for decades so it's now part of their history. I'd love villa to have one because our song book is shit but I just can't see it happening. We must be the only big club without one? Personally I think it adds something to a club when you have one. 

On 31 December 2016 at 09:30, villarocker said:

Great minds........  Grasshopper ;)

For me, War Pigs is the ultimate Sabbath tune and a very meaningful one at that. When you think of all the politricks that goes on in numerous governments today that song really still has appeal. In fact, it's a song that will probably be relevant for the rest of time! I think it makes for a great anthem for any sporting club. 

One of the greatest songs ever recorded. Personally I think we would be better trying to get an old fashioned kind of anthem instead of trying to nick a song off a band to use as an anthem. I mean **** me even the blues have a great anthem. 

Marching on together is actually an original song which was recorded back in 72 For their cup final appearance . Unlike other anthems which change the words to suit their club, this song was made solely for Leeds United.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

The build-up to the game in Frankfurt I attended was very impressive. First they played a song about Eintracht that was recorded by the Hessen police choir. Everybody stood up and had a sing-along. When the teams walked in it was a rock song from a local band with also a tribute to Eintracht. Something with a local connection like the police thing and it might work.

On 30/12/2016 at 20:35, OutByEaster? said:

Nope, he covered it 18 years after it was written.

Its one of the things that annoys me re scousers. Ive heard them in interviews saying how they took a simple musical song and added significance to it because of hillsborough. So they made it a song saying those who died walk with them.

Fair enough you might think.

But it was written in 1945 at the end of the 2nd world war. I think maybe it had that significance for quite a few families before scousers came along.

Anti scouse rant over!

And no you cant 'invent' an anthem...

Tho i did like dlbia...

On 29/12/2016 at 11:38, Mic09 said:

There we go :) 

The good thing is that we would not have to sing the lyrics - we can just sing along to the guitar riff. Also, does it get any more Aston than this?

this would be perfect

Edit: Warpigs would be better

Edited by commander
edited for warpigs

• 1 month later...
Â