Gareth Southgate

Richard

4 hours ago, Pinebro said:

England haven't had success since 1966

Have you considered that your definition of success means that your much beloved manager Dean Smith has had a career completely lacking in success?

Mind Blown GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Have you considered that your definition of success means that your much beloved manager Dean Smith has had a career completely lacking in success?

Mind Blown GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Soccer Football - Championship Playoff Final - Aston Villa v Derby County -  Wembley Stadium, London, Britain - May 27, 2019 Aston Villa manager Dean  Smith celebrates with the trophy after winning

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well how is any "new" England player supposed to get international experience if the current idiot manager of England continues to play the same bunch of has beens and out of form players?......

• Like 2

Just another excuse from Southgate. Next year it will that conference league experience isn’t real European experience. Let alone he selects a player who has the bench permanently tattooed on his backside this season.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

I think it’s bad writing and just Dunk is injured, but might be wrong.

Also reads oddly that Southgate says Mings doesn’t have experience of international football when he has 17 caps including starting games in the Euros, but I guess he admittedly doesn’t have the European experience yet.

He has selected Philips and Mount when they had zero international/European playing in the championship. Toney, Wilson, Eze and Guehi don't have any European or international experience between them either. Southgate has his favourites but is too spineless to say so to the media. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, delboy54 said:

Well how is any "new" England player supposed to get international experience if the current idiot manager of England continues to play the same bunch of has beens and out of form players?......

Kalvin Philips is a never been who doesn’t even play club football :lol:

I’ll never forget how Jack got continually overlooked as a Villa player in incredible form. 

Absolutely laughable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Kalvin Philips is a never been who doesn’t even play club football :lol:

I’ll never forget how Jack got continually overlooked as a Villa player in incredible form. 

Absolutely laughable. 

Saw a stat that last season Philips played more minutes for England than he did for Ci£eh.

Big nose is an absolute fraud

Edited by Robbie09
  • Like 2

Seems like a throughly decent bloke who has done the right thing in praising so diversity and protecting the likes of Saka. As a coach?! The ultimate yes man and a terrible appointment. Never had greater opportunities to win big but so tactically inept he failed again and again. Sucked the life of any minute interest I had in watching England play. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Seems like a throughly decent bloke who has done the right thing in praising so diversity and protecting the likes of Saka. As a coach?! The ultimate yes man and a terrible appointment. Never had greater opportunities to win big but so tactically inept he failed again and again. Sucked the life of any minute interest I had in watching England play. 

Perfectly summed up. With the talent he’s had available he’s underperformed in the last 2 major tournaments.

You just know he's going to play two holding midfielders against the might of Malta and North Macedonia. And the fullbacks will only be permitted over the halfway line twice in the entire game.

Dull and uninspiring.

Very poor England manager.

Has done nothing to change the culture beyond be nicer to the media. The players are now a group of mostly nice people instead of the likes of John Terry and Steven Gerrard.

We'll never have a better chance than 2021. Should be contending at 2024.

4 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I've never known and England manager wind me up as much as Southgate. Contradictive, spineless jobsworth who did nothing at club level and fell into the position because he's a yes man.

Bit harsh. He did well for us for many seasons before it got difficult after the cup final. Even then he wanted to go to Chelsea, we refused and he played out his final season pretty professionally. Then went to Boro and won the league cup like he did here.

As manager I think we all know he's in the end game with England now. Needs to get to the final of next euros otherwise contract shouldn't be renewed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

the need for experience....we're playing **** malta 

I don't even get why the CL players have been called up. Just give them a rest and recall them for the September games, not like he's even going to be radical and play Stones in midfield either.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Genie said:

My son told me last night that if he had the choice of watching Tamworth or England he’d pick Tamworth.

TBF Tamworth have just won the league. A Southgate side will never do that.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Bit harsh. He did well for us for many seasons before it got difficult after the cup final. Even then he wanted to go to Chelsea, we refused and he played out his final season pretty professionally. Then went to Boro and won the league cup like he did here.

As manager I think we all know he's in the end game with England now. Needs to get to the final of next euros otherwise contract shouldn't be renewed.

Got difficult after Ehiogu left. Lo and behold looks alright again when back with Ehiogu.

Â