Pre-Match Thread

Sam3773

On 01/12/2016 at 08:49, Demitri_C said:

They are showing us 3 times away and one at home then two away again in January. SKY are badly hoping we fall apart 

And they are probably right as we have been consistently disappointing on the TV for about 5 years now 

Edited by sidcow

6 hours ago, DK82 said:

Got a horrible feeling about tomorrow's game, just can't shake it. Hope I am wrong.

Yeah. Just had a beer with a good mate Leeds fan. We said we'd both take a point. 7 games unbeaten after the shit show we've been served up for so long anything would do but also have a bad feeling just because 

• Like 1

Thought about going to this one, but 

(a) I'm skint 

(b) It would have to be among the home supporters 

(c) I'm a pessimist 

I do have some friends who are Leeds fans, but I hate the club with a passion. Please, please win this one Villa. 

No fan of Leeds at all but when you see Leeds vs Aston Villa it's hard to believe that's not a game in the top flight. I know it's a while since Leeds were there but I think they still are a 'big club' just like us.

Anyway, I am really hoping for a win today, the pessimism is starting to kick in now though, not sure why. I would take a draw of offered tbh, but I think we have got what it takes to win... come on Villa.

As has been mentioned here earlier we have been so utterly awfull for so long it's almost impossible to play away against another team doing well and have any confidence we will get a result. 

However for all dirty Leeds have been doing well they are not as good as Brighton. We were taking Brighton apart for long periods of the game at their place and there is absolutely no reason why we can't go to Leeds and do the same. 

We too are getting better each game. Bring it on. 

Don't know much about how they've been playing. Whilst they are above us in the league is there any reason to be overly worried by them? Baring in mind I don't think I'd be all that concerned about Newcastle away. 

I think when Newcastle away can be considered your hardest fixture of the season it brings to light how weak this league can be.

Edited by sexbelowsound

18 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Don't know much about how they've been playing. Whilst they are above us in the league is there any reason to be overly worried by them? Baring in mind I don't think I'd be all that concerned about Newcastle away. 

I think when Newcastle away can be considered your hardest fixture of the season it brings to light how weak this league can be.

They've got 19pts from the last 10 games, and we've got 17pts from 10. So our form over the last ten isn't that different, they have a couple more wins than us, and we have more draws (obv), but they have lost more than us (7 over the whole season I think) whereas I think we've only lost 3 times. Hmm... all of that could count for nothing though is suppose. We are a different beast since Bruce so that last ten is perhaps a bit deceptive. I think Monk has then playing quite well, and I watched them against Liverpool and they played well (but still lost 2-0). I think if we make ourselves hard to break down (which SB seems to have made us) and we get a couple of goals I think we can do it. But that pessimism is creeping in :s

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

I think a draw. Despite our excellent results and our continued improvement through Bruce's run, I'm still not convinced we're quite in control of games - we're much more solid though and we have great individual threats. A point from this one and three when we play them at our place over christmas would be just fine thank you very much.

As tough a game as i think this may be, the fact they played midweek could be the difference.

We need to be winning these games against teams above and around us to make the climb easier and I'm confident Bruce will get that little bit extra out of the players for that reason.

2-0 villa, end the day 1pt off playoffs. UTV.