Pre-Match Thread

Sam3773

3 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Or they're hoping we go on a run and smash a few teams. I don't think sky have an agenda against us, they just know we will boost viewing figures. 

Ell well done for turning that into a positive! Be nice if they had a few more home games shown though.

On 11/30/2016 at 04:34, AntrimBlack said:

4 games in December on Sky. That's better.

Haven't won a televised match since last season. For a lot of fans who don't regularly attend matches, they haven't seen Villa win since February 6th. 

• Like 1

Getting a bit worried about it. Some of my Liverpool mates reckon they were very good and we will have a tough time getting promoted if the 6th place side is that good. a win is so important.

They gave a weakening Liverpool team  a good game. I'm looking at it like this, that game might of taken a lot out of them. It's going to be a tough game because they are a good team but if we turn up then we should avoid defeat. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

This is a big test for us, but then I've found myself saying that on numerous occasions this season. Almost every game is a big one now, in its own way. 

We're capable of going up there and winning, but where the doubt comes in is that we're only just getting used to being half decent again. It still feels a bit weird to be confident of an away win. But that will ease with results and time. 

I'm finding it a tough one to call, my head says a draw is the most likely. But I don't want a draw, I want to win! 

So, I'm just going to try to enjoy it and see what happens. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Haven't won a televised match since last season. For a lot of fans who don't regularly attend matches, they haven't seen Villa win since February 6th. 

Oh dear. That casts a different light on it.

Still - records are made to be broken.

Gollini

Hutton --- Elphick --- Chester --- Amavi

Jedinak

Gardner --- Bacuna   

Adomah   ---    Kodjia     ---    Grealish

Was a close call between Grealish and Ayew out left, also not sure if Bacuna will get in ahead of Westwood now       

I think there is a chance Bruce will start the same team that he played at Brighton...          

18 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Gollini

Jedinak

Gardner --- Bacuna   

Adomah   ---    Kodjia     ---    Grealish

Was a close call between Grealish and Ayew out left, also not sure if Bacuna will get in ahead of Westwood now       

I think there is a chance Bruce will start the same team that he played at Brighton...          

Really like the look of that and it would definitely be my choice, but I think Bruce will line up like...

Gollini

Jedinak

Gardner --- Westwood   

Adomah   ---    Gabby    ---   Kodja 

Then bring on Grealish and Ayew, when they get a bit leggy around the 60/70 mark.

Edited by PieFacE

47 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

.......but I think Bruce will line up like...

Gollini

Hutton Elphick Chester Amavi

Jedinak

Gardner Westwood   

Adomah Gabby Kodja 

Then bring on Grealish and Ayew, when they get a bit leggy around the 60/70 mark.

I agree - SB will go solid till Leeds tire.

Unfortunately, I think we have a mistake in Westwood and/or Hutton.

I'd like to see a fit Bacuna at RB

I'd like it even more if Baker is fit enough for 60mins

Unless we have injuries I think subbing Baker for Elphick is not a "wasted sub" because Grealish for Gaby on 60mins should be enough to pin Leeds back. Then Ayew or Gestede for the last 15mins if we still need a goal(s)

Gollini

Bacuna (Elphick) Chester (Baker) Amavi

Jedi

Westwood Gardner

Adomah Kodjia

Gaby

@JAMAICAN-VILLAN

There you go, I put the word removed in there.

I guess a shit player deserves a shit league to play in

There is no redemption, but he should be made to suffer running his balls off so that he needs carrying on to the bus home.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Oh dear. That casts a different light on it.

Still - records are made to be broken.

I've been waiting for that record to be broken all season. Even the match I attended at VP ended in a draw :mellow:

16 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

They were ok against a second string Liverpool side. Nothing special. They lost 2-0. I like that everyone is being a little negative, to be honest. Can't have you lot cursing it!

I'm not worried in the slightest. We're going to smash them. 

From what I saw, which admittedly was not the full 90 minutes I thought they looked better than okay against Liverplop.

That said, it's likely that they raised their game away at Anfield and as you say, it was a weakened side they were facing.

I think we'll win tomorrow but I also think Monk has Leeds playing good football and that they'll be up there with us come May.

Leeds played the game of their lives against Liverpool, we would be unlucky to see a repeat performance and Bruce sets up a solid team and with some thought so hopefully he has the measure of them ( he was personally at the cup game). They are no mugs but we have looked the measure of virtually everyone this season, lets hope it continues. 

A victory by a single goal difference. Gulp.....

• Like 1