Pre-Match Thread

Sam3773

Pre-match Leeds will be made out to be the new Brazil '70 or Barca 2010. 

We will then proceed to boss the match and make them look like a pub team.

However as winning away is still foreign to us the match will result in a draw.

There you go, Brighton all over again.

• Like 3

I wouldn't take a draw either. We're Aston Villa, we shouldn't be scared of anyone and settle for a point. Obviously I don't want a loss but a win  would be massive. 

They play tonight against Liverpool. Hopefully it goes to extra time then Liverpool put 3 past them before it gets to penalties cause that gives them too much belief. 

We'll be 'fresher', they'll be mourning their cup lost against a PL team. Their home form is terrible. 

Lets take the game to them! 

On 27/11/2016 at 22:08, chappy said:

They play a league cup QF at Anfield on Tuesday, hopefully it goes to pens

This is the game changer for me. A huge game for them 4 days before they play us could be the difference in the last 20 mins of the game. Our fitness levels have been very good lately and we finish strong. If they have to play extra time and/or pick up an injury then even better.

54 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Lets take the game to them! 

I agree and I think we will, that seems to be very much Bruce's approach.

I also agree we shouldn't fear any side in the league we can go there and win.

A win would certainly be a huge result for us in terms of closing the gap on those above us but we shouldn't lose sight of the fact a point would be a decent result either.

Losing to Leeds would be damaging and Bruce I'm sure will be mindful of that.

So far I think he has been finding a balance between team shape and structure giving a solid base and a side capable of getting forward and scoring goals.

Confidence is obviously growing, different players are starting to score and we are getting tighter at the back.

I think we can go and win this one and I'm confident we will.

• Like 1

Yep, Leeds not playing badly so far... Liverpool haven't got out of first gear, not sure how much is Leeds preventing them playing though, or just Liverpool being cautious. 

O'Kane has gone off injured too, he's not played every game for them but does start regularly as far as I've seen. 

Really really hoping for a 0-2 Villa... I have a feeling it could be a draw though, something like a 0-0 or 1-1.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1