Match Thread: sha v Vila

limpid

Thank god for that, 1 up at half time. We haven't been great but we've held firm, some good bits of play and some good defending. Jedinak has stood firm and Amavi has made some good blocks/tackles. Shame for Adomah going off, I hope we come out all guns blazing now. 

Just now, VillaCas said:

Thought the midfield worked really hard but we are not showing the difference in quality that we have

We look more relaxed, even when leading. We have more guys below the ball when they attack. It's looking pretty good to me.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why the hell didnt Wedtwood pass to McCormack?

This is exactly in one moment what is wrong with him and why when he plays we are a poorer team. He literally could have released easily and simply us into an attacking position which who knows,  may have led to a goal. 

Instead he turns (which may bring problems in itself) and plays it backwards which kills the attack and brings danger of either a miss kick,  an unseen player pouncing on it or the player now nearer to our goal coming under pressure. 

Just one isolated example but multiply this 100 times a season.  Does my nut in. 

• Like 2

I'm hoping the tactics in the first half were to sit back and not run ourselves ragged. Hopefully we can push on a bit more this half and open them up more. Yet again our midfield don't move for each other, this needs to be addressed. 

About as good a half as we could expect sitting back and playing these tactics though.

Just a random statement. All ye who dont know or are saying they dont know the Birmingham players, come on lads. Like say they are shit etc but there is plenty on known players on that team unless of course you only watched premier league football your whole life 

West woods miss I still don't understand how he manages to consistently have the same short every single bloody time. I think even I could have got that short closer to the goal and I haven't played football for ten years!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Pros 

We are winning. they look shite.

Cons

Westwood is dreadful. amavi has the positional sense of a packet of 20 Benson. mccormack isn't a right winger, should have brought on gabby.

McCormack might not be a right winger, but at least he's a footballer.

Gabby shouldn't make an appearance today unless we're 5 up and hes just been told to moon the natives for the last 10 minutes. Even then, he can do that from the bench.

• Like 1

We rode our luck with their chance off ghe line but for me Adomah was wiped out,  someone should have been sent off for that and we get a free kick. . We got a fantastic goal and have mainly fended them off in a controlled manner.  

Just need to play football more when coming forwards and less blazing it forwards in hope. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

This is exactly in one moment what is wrong with him and why when he plays we are a poorer team. He literally could have released easily and simply us into an attacking position which who knows,  may have led to a goal. 

Instead he turns (which may bring problems in itself) and plays it backwards which kills the attack and brings danger of either a miss kick,  an unseen player pouncing on it or the player now nearer to our goal coming under pressure. 

Just one isolated example but multiply this 100 times a season.  Does my nut in. 

It's just one example. 7 times out of 10 in that situation he passes that ball forward like he did when he put Kodjia/Gardner through a bit earlier than that.

1 minute ago, astonaidan said:

Just a random statement. All ye who dont know or are saying they dont know the Birmingham players, come on lads. Like say they are shit etc but there is plenty on known players on that team unless of course you only watched premier league football your whole life 

I wasn't aware of half our signings this season...... and last season!