Match Thread: sha v Vila

limpid

1 minute ago, VillaCas said:

Amavi in particular is having a really good game. Someone earlier in the thread was giving him some stick.....go figure!!!!

Really?!??! Amavi is winning everything, playing some really tidy balls and showing some great attacking intent.

Not playing well but not playing badly. Jedinak Chester have been great. Amavi has looked really really solid. Gardner superb just for the goal. Rest have been a bit average. Need Tish on for Westwood early on. 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

This is going to be one intense half of pressure we need to get a second. They pressed us a hell of a lot, we have to make sure don't put a wolves second half display or we will lose

Apart from the disallowed goal I can't remember feeling nervous at all that half.

Just now, KSV said:

Not playing well but not playing badly. Jedinak Chester have been great. Amavi has looked really really solid. Gardner superb just for the goal. Rest have been a bit average. Need Tish on for Westwood early on. 

Does Bruce rate Tshibola? 

Hope we stop playing this hoofball. I know it's derby day and things are a bit frenetic, but come on Brucie. Jedinak is looking like a man-mountain out there. Good example of prematurely judging players playing under a poor manager which I'm also guilty of.

• Like 2

I know it's a derby game but Villa need to take more care with their out ball. The amount of times it has lost possession would I'm sure give rise to concern for Bruce. Just inviting too much pressure back onto the Villa defence again.

Villa have better technical players than what I can see so far is a very poor Birmingham side so I would expect to see Villa retain possession better in the second half and go on to win the game comfortably.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Hope we stop playing this hoofball. I know it's derby day and things are a bit frenetic, but come on Brucie. Jedinak is looking like a man-mountain out there. Good example of prematurely judging players playing under a poor manager which I'm also guilty of.

Agreed, need to be sharper and more inventive, definitely need to put more balls in the box as well, have to put them under more pressure. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

It's a problem when you have Westwood who just panics and gets rid ASAP.

4 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I wasn't aware of half our signings this season...... and last season!

Well thats my point tbh, any player outside the premier league isnt known to our fans. Thats us being ignorant rather than the players being unknown