Top Gear

Jez

And by 'imminent death' they actually mean 'until the next one' as evidenced by Clarkson after Richard's piece.

The new one just merges with the Freelander aesthetic and the brand continuity is lost.

54e1e813.jpg

Is that really it?????? That's no Defender.

tumblr_inline_mk9p0votkQ1qit8lu.gif

• Like 1

There are a number of 'next gen' Defender mock-ups around... none of them are the actual version which is still under wraps to the general puiblic.

We could get our resident JLR employee to reveal all. We just need to hoodwink him into doing it by accident ...

Last I'd heard he was attaching a noose to the light fittings as the Sherwood news broke? Or was he simply preparing some auto-erotic fun for when you got home?

That was mainly Valentine's related :unsure:

• Like 1

There are a number of 'next gen' Defender mock-ups around... none of them are the actual version which is still under wraps to the general puiblic.

We could get our resident JLR employee to reveal all. We just need to hoodwink him into doing it by accident ...

If that's not it, it's not a million miles away.

Wait until you see the convertible...

• Like 1

Surprised it hasn't leaked by now.  Years ago I worked in a factory which supplied parts to Land Rover and we had the body shell a new model Discovery in a room out the back months before it was unveiled to the public. Anyone who worked there could go look at it, no questions asked.  

Mind you, this was back in the day before camera phones and widespread internet adoption so perhaps security has tightened up in the meantime. 

Some guy who worked at some company who we hired to do window tinting on the new range rover sport for the unveiling leaked some photos of him with the car.

He got in a lot of trouble.

Was it on a pallet?

• Like 2

I still can't stop myself from calling them Skylines. Apparently GT-R's haven't' been called Skylines for eight years. :blush:

They'll always be Skylines :-)
  • Like 1

If that's not it, it's not a million miles away.

Wait until you see the convertible...

Is this it?

land-rover-convertible_600-600x400.jpg