Pre-match thread

BOF

Unfortunately wont be at this one as I'm off to Spain for a few days to visit Karl Court (a few of you may know him as he used to sort travel to matches and get tickets etc) as hes got a bar out there now ;-)

Hope everyone gets behind the team like we did on Tuesday, even when we conceded and when players made mistakes we kept on singing and dragged them through the match. More of the same please guys! UTV!

• Like 1

On 19/10/2016 at 12:51, Gary Thomas said:

Attendance looking very healthy for this already - some good deals available, plus our recent WIN should boost that even more and I think we'll have a bumper crowd.  Another win would give the whole place such a massive lift.  I think the tide is turning and we will do it. Would like Amavi and Ayew to start, but trust Bruce.

Should be interesting at least.  It's only the 2nd Saturday @ 3pm home game we've had this season (Rotherham 33,286).

----------------------Gollini----------------------

Hutton--------Chester---Baker--------Amavi

----------Bacuna----Tish----Gardner---------

Adomah------------------------------------Ayew

----------------------Kodjia-----------------------

Gestede, McCormack, Westwood, Green, Jedi, whichever defender is fit, Bunn.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Like that, but maybe another option might be use McCormac in no10?

------------------------Jedi------------------

--Bacuna---------------------- Gardner----

-------------------McCormac---------------

-------Kodjia-------------------Ayew-----

Edited by Gary Thomas

15 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Like that, but maybe another option might be use McCormac in no10?

--Bacuna---------------------- Gardner----

-------------------McCormac---------------

-------Kodjia-------------------Ayew-----

I would suggest that the issue with that is that there's no width in that team. Maybe this but I'm not sure McCormack could play out wide. I'd expect the forehead to play instead of him.

---------Bacuna--------------- Gardner----

McCormack----------------------------------Ayew

------------------------Kodjia-----------------------

Sooooooooo, Sally can wait...

My funeral song as I used to love Sally in Home And Away... and of course, now it's too late as she's walked on by. After my on-going divorce, my soul is sliding away, but I'm not looking back in anger. Because, 'don't look back in anger,' I heard you say... in another thread.  

3 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

This.

Ayew has to start for me. 

• Like 1

I would play the same team as started the Reading game, maybe make the changes a little earlier if its still a draw or were losing. Think it will finish 1-1, Fulham will come to defend and were not good enough, yet, to take the game to a team who come to play that way. UTV

See Holloway is backing us to win Sat (link) - that's put the knackers on that then!

"Bruce guided Aston Villa to their first away win since August 2015 on Tuesday at Reading and I think the positive vibes from that game should help the atmosphere at Villa Park. Those Villa players need their fans at the moment as they are struggling with their confidence. “I remember at Blackpool, the crowd stuck with us whatever the score and it played a huge part in our success. “Fulham will be a tough nut to crack, but if Villa get the first goal, I think they’ll make it back-to-back wins.”

35 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

See Holloway is backing us to win Sat (link) - that's put the knackers on that then!

"Bruce guided Aston Villa to their first away win since August 2015 on Tuesday at Reading and I think the positive vibes from that game should help the atmosphere at Villa Park. Those Villa players need their fans at the moment as they are struggling with their confidence. “I remember at Blackpool, the crowd stuck with us whatever the score and it played a huge part in our success. “Fulham will be a tough nut to crack, but if Villa get the first goal, I think they’ll make it back-to-back wins.”

I've always liked that Holloway chap ;)

• Like 1