Pre-match thread

BOF

39 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

See Holloway is backing us to win Sat (link) - that's put the knackers on that then!

"Bruce guided Aston Villa to their first away win since August 2015 on Tuesday at Reading and I think the positive vibes from that game should help the atmosphere at Villa Park. Those Villa players need their fans at the moment as they are struggling with their confidence. “I remember at Blackpool, the crowd stuck with us whatever the score and it played a huge part in our success. “Fulham will be a tough nut to crack, but if Villa get the first goal, I think they’ll make it back-to-back wins.”

Still has a thinly veiled dig. 

6 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Still has a thinly veiled dig. 

True. But it's also worth considering that when you're alternative is Blackpool f£&in pleasure beach, you haven't got much choice but to stick with the football team. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AValon said:

Villa Parks a different animal altogether. Temple of Impending Doom and Gloom rather than the lmpenetrable fortress it used to be.

Got to turn it round sometime, though.

Yep. Time to get behind them and help them climb the table.  Think Bruce will get us winning and VP will get more and more positive.  That's what I hope anyway.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 2

We need to go on a winning run now we have an away win at long last and a second one on the way next weekend ;). A 3-0 win would be very nice on Saturday. 

I would bring Amavi, Tshibola, McCormack and Ayew in for Cissokho, Bacuna, Jedinak and Gestede but I would have picked them on Tuesday night as well so whatever Brucie wants to do is fine for me and there is always a case for not changing a winning team.    

Edited by John

10 minutes ago, villatillidie1980 said:

We have to win and cement that self belief in the players and as someone has already said, let's not take a step forward only to go back a couple. 

I think Ross should start as he'll give it even more against his old club, and he looked hungry on Tuesday when he came on. 

Loving that the club have taken on board the 'Don't Look Back In Anger' vibe. It was great at Reading to be part of 4,000 fans singing that at the end! 

Villa to win 2-0 

UTV

Agreed. Some people on social media moaning about the manchester city link to oasis but I think its such a 'feel good' song when everyone is singing it together plus it sums up the fact that we need to put the past 5 years behind us and get behind the team.

• Like 1

Gollini

Chester Baker

Bacuna                         Amavi

Jedinak

Gardner             Tish

McCormack               Ayew

Kodjia

Subs

Steer Lyden (RB + CM) Adomah (R/LW) Gestede

Do we have any Youth-Players for Defence/Midfield?

otherwise we have to suffer

RB - Hutton

CB - ? Elphick fit?

DM/CM - Westwood

Would like to see Lyden replace Jedinak in the same role. A Lyden, Gardner, Tish midfield would give the Villa far more bite and energy in midfield than with Westwood and Jedinak.

I'd play Bacuna at RB instead of Hutton while Chester and Baker should be Villa's 1st choice central defensive partnership from now on. Elphick is just too slow even for Championship football now and Richards is carrying far too much timber for my liking. Amavi should now be 1st choice LB again to give opposing teams more to think about.

Ayew must start as he is by far Villa's best and most effective player.

I think Fulham will score though on the break so Villa will need to knock in more than one to get the three points.

Going for a closely fought 2-1 win for the Villa.

2 hours ago, Marley the Bognor Villan said:

Agreed. Some people on social media moaning about the manchester city link to oasis but I think its such a 'feel good' song when everyone is singing it together plus it sums up the fact that we need to put the past 5 years behind us and get behind the team.

We should sing it in the most brummie accent possible and own it forever, they won't want it back.

17 hours ago, AValon said:

Villa Parks a different animal altogether. Temple of Impending Doom and Gloom rather than the lmpenetrable fortress it used to be.

Got to turn it round sometime, though.

That same "temple of impending Doom" that has yet to suffer defeat this season