Pre-match thread

BOF

On ‎20‎.‎10‎.‎2016 at 11:55, bannedfromHandV said:

Will be the first game I've attended this season so we definitely won't win guys sorry ;)

I won't guarantee a win, and I won't be able to see the game, just like Tuesday. So, maybe we still have a chance. :)

20 hours ago, carewjust4u said:

Haha it is a good point! But I agree with Demitri, the crowd definitely has a very nervy/edgy feel to it, imagine if the crowd was fully (and i mean fully) behind the team all 90 mins..would be a totally different ball game.

Is any crowd, ever, "fully behind the team for 90 minutes"? Its such a cliche. I was at the Wolves game and the fans were chanting, singing and encouraging as much as feasibly possible given the game they were watching. The home fans get far too much stick in my opinion. They do their bit, it's the club that hasn't been doing its bit for a long time now.

On 20/10/2016 at 10:35, carewjust4u said:

I agree, need Gestede for a bit of presence up top...don't want the ball to be coming straight back when we clear our lines.

You see I have not seen anything in Gestede's game play to suggest he can hold up the ball.  I think Ayew would hold it up much better,  the ball doesn't just bounce off him. Kodjia would be better also I think. I really don't see Gestade as one of those big men up front who you can knock it out to and rely on him to hold it up for a while. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

You see I have not seen anything in Gestede's game play to suggest he can hold up the ball.  I think Ayew would hold it up much better,  the ball doesn't just bounce off him. Kodjia would be better also I think. I really don't see Gestade as one of those big men up front who you can knock it out to and rely on him to hold it up for a while. 

Totally if he plays up front it should be in a big man, little man, front two.