January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

59 minutes ago, ender4 said:

{(75%-(75%+X))+50%+50%)*1/3}

This first bit is quite unlikely anyway...

75% of 33% chance of the Rhodes exchanging for player+cash - 25% chance.

or 16% chance for someone else
or 16% chance for another someone else 

Its **** quadratic equations. Have you factorised the X?*

* these are vague terms I'm remembering over 16 years since having to do that, strong possibility of cow dung

Edited by Rodders

Exciting as it is, I'm not sure we want many more in (though probably a couple out).  Unbelievably we're looking light up front with McGate, RHM, Kozak all unselectable and Gabby still shite, so one more there.  The young left back as one for the future and back up for Amavi is OK too.  But other than that I think we should shut up shop and get the new squad gelling.  I get the feeling Tony's a bit over-excited about buying new players and trying to integrate any more players is going to make things tougher over the next few weeks.

16 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Its **** quadratic equations. Have you factorised the X?*

* these are vague terms I'm remebering over 16 years since having to do that, strong possibility of cow dung

They're of the form ax^2 + bx + c, this is of the form wtf

2 hours ago, ViewFromT2 said:

My first post....had to have my tuppence in response to this Grealish thing, sorry guys.

Historically I have not been JG's biggest fan, not because I don't think he can play but mainly because of the hype surrounding him. As with all our bright young things, the kid was never going to live up to the hype! His off the field antics did not warm me to him either!

On reflection however, at 19 he simply wasn't ready for the premier league. To me that is blindingly obvious, but he was thrown into a really poor side surrounded by players with even worse attitudes, and a lot of fans just expected too much, myself included. This season however, if people don't see the difference when he is on the pitch then I don't think it's worth arguing with them. He is (was before splurge) the only player we have that can travel with the ball, that can carry the ball from midfield into the final third. Excellent example of the difference he makes was the game against Leeds. When he went off just gone half time, the game changed like switching a channel!

I'm struggling to remember the last time we produced a kid with the natural, effortless ability Grealish has. His dribbling skills are there for all to see, and yes whilst he does lack the electric pace and acceleration of some, his almost noncelent ability to ghost pass players is rarely seen in young english footballers. He also has superb vision and his passing at times is wonderful. Yes, he still makes a lot of mistakes and his decision making lets him down at times....he is still learning.

Until the recent splurge on new talent, we only had one player at the club that offered the kind of football brain and movement up front, of the kind I that I would expect from a club of our stature, namely Ross McCormack....and when JG and RMc were on the field together, not very often granted, you could see how Grealish was probably the only player that saw the runs RMc was making, who was on that wavelength. I felt they would shine given time. 

There is no doubt in my mind that surrounded by the new midfield we have brought in, JG will look a completely different player. In my mind we should give him the old fashioned 'free role' in the side, floating behind the main striker. Lansbury and Hourihane can hold the midfield and just let JG do what he does. He will create. If Brucey sticks with 4-2-3-1, then for me JG will be perfect in the middle of the '3'. Bjarnason and Adomah alongside with Kodija up top.

For fans to actually want him sold is beyond me, it really is. Each to their own though I suppose. To call him a 'show pony' is insane....it's not Division 5 of the Festival League, lol!

Grealish has to stay. It's not even up for discussion in my view. We should be building the team around him over the coming years. He has a lot to learn and we have the right man in charge to keep him on the straight and narrow. As was mentioned earlier, if he ever does leave it will be to a far bigger club than Middlesboro.... 

Now if we received a bid for his old man, that would be a different story....!

Cant get rid of the old man, hes part of the matchday experience!

home alone 2

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Has Grealish actually been any good this season? 

If he's not going to play a part for the rest of the season (by Bruce's choice) and if he's not good enough to play in the Premier League in 2018 or even in The Championship in 2017, then maybe its better he leaves?    

3 goals 4 assists and that is whilst he hasn't been at his best. He may not have set the world alight this season but there is so much potential in him that I would like to see him stay and see what he is capable of in a team that actually has a midfield 

• Like 2

I'd be happy with swapping Grealish for Rhodes if we are getting money as well. I can't stand Grealish, his attitude stinks and all he's amounted to after 3 or so years of professional football is to be an average championship player who constantly cries to the ref everytime anybody touches him. Boro gave us £6m for Gestede and now they wanna give us Rhodes plus money for Grealish? haha bite their hand off

13 minutes ago, allani said:

I wonder whether the player swap could be Rhodes for Ross plus cash?  Would seem to make more logical sense?

That would but Middlesborough are trying to mug us off by valuing a championship standard player at 10 mill and Grealish with the potential to be international standard at only 10 mill

Only time will tell if the club make the logical decision and tell them to **** off kindly

Edited by AshVilla

19 minutes ago, allani said:

I wonder whether the player swap could be Rhodes for Ross plus cash?  Would seem to make more logical sense?

I'm not going to get into the Dr's tweets, but they have been interpreted by some to suggest that a swap deal would see us receiving a player plus cash. 

Given their age, market values, and most importantly McCormacks recent behaviour, i think Rhodes plus a fee for McCormack would represent a very good deal. 

McCormacks age and behaviour will see his value start to plummet very quickly, if we can get rid of him quickly, in a deal thats makes sense for the club, i think its a no brainer. 

Edited by av1