January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

5 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

Bree

Hmmm... Irish Cheese. Cheesy Irish Music. B*Witched. Brendan and Noeleen Lynch. Shane Lynch. Boyzone. Keith Duffy. Sounds like Dusty...

dustybin.jpg

Oh hard luck everybody!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

That Jacob Bedeau transfer seems odd.

Released by Leyton Orient in the summer, plays 7 games for Bury and we bid £750k? :o

Doesn't look look like he's been in a winning team either!! Sign him up 

I never take much note of these guys on twitter, but to be fair, lucky guess or not, he called the Lansbury medical before any of the more "established" journalist. 

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If it is true I can't imagine the deals being off. Just Barnsley wanting a bit more money, which we will pay as they are our preferred targets, and Barnsley know this sadly.

Or maybe they've just thought better of selling two of their best players to the same club, right after they sold another of their best players. 

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If it is true I can't imagine the deals being off. Just Barnsley wanting a bit more money, which we will pay as they are our preferred targets, and Barnsley know this sadly.

Absolutely. If medicals were booked Barnsley are willing seller's, (not a suprise given both are out of contract in the summer) the hold up must be down to the fee. 

I can't imagine a club like Barnsley are in a postion to allow 2 players to leave on a free, however important those 2 players may be to them. 

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Or maybe they've just thought better of selling two of their best players to the same club, right after they sold another of their best players. 

Maybe. I guess 1m for Hourihane is nothing if it knackers their team.

Although I thought Barnsley have already signed a replacement for Bree?

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

If they don't sell now they will lose them in the summer anyway without the transfer fee - they said last week that it makes sense to cash in as contracts are ending - they have gethin jones in on loan wo can replace Bree .

I would be amazed  if either is still at Barnsley in 2 weeks time - worried someone may outbid us for Bree though .

Edited by Eastie

source from a professional ( well, technically they're purveyors of slime and monstrous obscenity, but they do it professionally) outlet says it's back on. Looking forward to why it was definitely off now then

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Maybe. I guess 1m for Hourihane is nothing if it knackers their team.

Although I thought Barnsley have already signed a replacement for Bree?

Yes they have signed a young lad from Everton on loan, Gethin Jones rings a bell, though i may have that name wrong. 

I know we aren't dealing with some.sunday league side here, but a couple of million to a club like Barnsley is still a fair amount. Can they really afford to see both players leave on a free?