January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yep, Lansbury deal is going to go through by the looks of it. Sky Sports have reported that an agreement has been reached now...

Really hope this is the start of an influx, will be feeling much more optimistic about the rest of the season with a few decent signings in now and maybe we can make a push to get into the playoffs, as difficult as that looks. I think Bruce is trying to build a proper side rather than the mish mash of players he has has inherited...

We can only hope it starts an influx mate. I'm liking the players that he has identified and we will hopefully start playing football again

• Like 1

I'm hearing a deal to sign Zlatan is done. 

Subject to persuading UTD to sell, convincing Zlatan to come here, and the outcome of a plan Fort knox heist to pay his wages. 

Lansbury supposedly going to earn £40.000/week according to SKY.

Gotta feel sorry for Xia having to hand out massive contracts to bang average players to be able to get them to sign for us.

1 minute ago, sne said:

Gotta feel sorry for Xia having to hand out massive contracts to bang average players to be able to get them to sign for us.

If he gets us promoted than xia is laughing 

6 minutes ago, av1 said:

There are 3 things need to be agreed before a deal is completed. 

# Fee

# Medical 

# Wages. 

Super Pat is suggesting that the deal is "Done" subject to 66.6% being agreed :crylaugh:

What a fecking tube. 

Pat may be a tube.... but TBF, the fee and wages (and overall contract) are the hard parts.  A player that is regularly playing is not likely to have a medical issue.  Not impossible, agreed, but not likely.

9 minutes ago, sne said:

Apparently Steward Downing is free to leave Middlesbrough on loan...

Is he any good nowadays? Not seen him play for a while.

Sure he'd love to come back here :)

What about Adam Johnson, he seems to have fallen out of favour at Sunderland? Worth a punt?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sne said:

It appears we have learnt nothing over the years

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sne said:

Apparently Steward Downing is free to leave Middlesbrough on loan...

Is he any good nowadays? Not seen him play for a while.

Sure he'd love to come back here :)

Id take him personally, we lack someone who can play on the left side

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sne said:

I don't think Lansbury is an average player he is some way above what we have available at present for me and if you don't pay the wages you don't get the player these days. 

Jim White said earlier that he thinks Rhodes will end up signing for us. He claimed we had bid £6m but Boro are insisting on the £9m they had paid for him. If Gestede had been included in the deal £3m + Rudy would have seemed like daylight robbery to me.

3 minutes ago, John said:

If Gestede had been included in the deal £3m + Rudy would have seemed like daylight robbery to me.

Any deal with Boro in this window will effectively be Gestede plus £x though. Just not in the same deal.

• Like 1