January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

Just now, av1 said:

Lansbury, Hourihane and Bree would represent a fantastic window imo. 

I'd throw rhodes in too and let ayew go - Rhodes with that midfield would get chances and is a natural finisher - ayew has little end product .

bree would be a great addition at right back - we'd have a real crack at play offs with those 4.

noted Allan mcgregor linked with loan move to Cardiff - would have probably preferred him to Johnstone personally as he helped hull up last season under Bruce .

What i like about the window, is it appears (from the rumours) that Bruce has quickly identified the areas that need urgent attention. RB, GK, Midfield. 

Now i know some people might say 'hang on pal, you only have to watch us to see that' but the fact is we have had the same problems, in the same areas for years. Bruce seems to be addressing this. 

26 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Seems odd having a medical in dec and being sold a month later - what if he sustains a problem between the medical and being sold ? 

However vIlla transfers has been on the money all the way on deals and I'd take Rhodes ahead of ayew - if lansbury and hourihane are in then the creativity is much improved.

The medical will discover any underlying conditions or potential issues. So any light knock wouldn't concern them, but if there was a big injury it would just be sod it for now. I suspect it was possibly a pragmatic time to get the medical done perhaps?

9 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Kind of soft in the middle but very nice all round.

Can give you nightmares, though. 

It's probably more than anyone knows about the player - although he'd be a "fantastic signing" ;)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

What's Bree like?

Only saw bits of him if I'm honest, plus the obligatory youtube video. From what i have seen, he seems good both defensively and offensively, and is very very quick. He has been linked with all the top clubs, Plop, City, UTD, people seem to think this guy is the next big thing.

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

See that Barnsley have for Everton gethin jones on loan which could free up the departure of Bree.

I'd say that almost certainly means Bree is leaving. Bree is out of contract in the summer and Everton would expect Jones to play as part of the loan deal. Bree will be off I'm sure, the only question is where?

Maybe its just the elation of thinking we might actually be sorting the midfield out, but its stupid prediction time.

Taking Kodjia out of the equation, i think Lansbury and Hourihane would score more goals between them than than the rest of our forwards combined. 

12 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It's probably more than anyone knows about the player - although he'd be a "fantastic signing" ;)

Agreed.

I'm not in a position to say Lansbury, Hourihane and Bree would be a fantastic window because frankly I haven't got a scooby doo about them, particularly the last two.

They're not up to much on Football Manager that's all I know.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, av1 said:

Only saw bits of him if I'm honest, plus the obligatory youtube video. From what i have seen, he seems good both defensively and offensively, and is very very quick. He has been linked with all the top clubs, Plop, City, UTD, people seem to think this guy is the next big thing.

I can't see why he'd want to come here, frankly. 

27 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

I'm starting to hope we don't sign Bree to avoid the cheesy puns that are going to plague VT every time he does something.

He will be a good signing.....but he's no Gordon Zola:)

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Agreed.

I'm not in a position to say Lansbury, Hourihane and Bree would be a fantastic window because frankly I haven't got a scooby doo about them, particularly the last two.

They're not up to much on Football Manager that's all I know.

:( were doomed!!