January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

Looks like we need 5 new midfielders not two.

Westwood, Gardner, Tshibola, Bacuna, Jedinak are not going to get us anywhere. All varying degrees of rubbish

• Like 1

It was a fairly disciplined display to be fair, about all we could have wished for. Just a shame we couldn't challenge a weaker Spurs team a little more really. If Kane, Alli, Eriksen & Dembele had been playing together it would have been embarrassing.

Tshibola definitely deserves to play ahead of Westwood and Gardner and should be kept on, at least for his young age and potential.

We just don't pass the ball (well) and haven't done so for years to be honest, it's always frustrating watching us try to play. Midfield has been our weakest area for so long and desperately needs strengthening. We lack creativity and don't offer enough of a goal threat.

I am happy with the Chester & Baker partnership in defence though and the new keeper looked fairly assured today.

Keeper is now (temporarily) sorted.

Defensively we could do with a Right Back, but it's not actually urgent.

Midfield...three maybe four signings needed?! Tish, Westwood, Gardner then Jedinak is my current pecking order and that's necessity not choice. 

Attack... need a striker alongside McCormack. I'm still confident he'll come good with some service and a run of games.

But I think our playoff chances hang by a thread that will probably not survive January.

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Seriously though, I hope some of these players can prove a point and show some quality. They are fighting for their futures in a sense and need to show their worth to the manager, otherwise they will hopefully be replaced with better quality.

UTV

I do not see these players of ours playing like they are playing for their futures.....sorry.

28 minutes ago, TRO said:

I do not see these players of ours playing like they are playing for their futures.....sorry.

Meant more as a the state of their current situation rather than what they are practically doing. In the sense you mean, I kind of agree but they may also be making the effort but simply lack the required quality.

34 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Because one is a centre forward capable of playing on his own, the other a number 10 who needs a partner. 

Do you really see Gabby as a centre forward and actually "capable"? A CF at least needs to be capable of scoring goals and I think he's pretty much lost that ability if he ever had it, he's just a leech on the club and has been for too long. I get what you mean though. McCormack isn't exactly playing well either...