January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

I'd have him back, as much as I hate what he did. 

He was great in our midfield, and I would hope morally he might like to come apologise by getting us up. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I would have him back.

Aston Villa manager Steve Bruce risks upsetting fans as he considers re-signing Manchester City midfielder Fabian Delph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/01/06/aston-villa-manager-steve-bruce-risks-upsetting-fans-considers/

Highly unlikely to happen but I would absolutely love him to come back.

Don't begrudge his u-turn that much anymore (was sore at the time) so he said he would stay then had a change of heart, is that truly unforgivable?  We were in a **** shambles, a top team came calling and I can't ( personally) begrudge a player who trades up to further his career. Rather him than cleverley for sure. And I was told he decided he wouldn't sign for us after the fans repeatedly cheered his substitution around Christmas that season. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2

Seems the players I thought we might have a shot of getting (Snodgrass and Hogan) are being chased by Premier League teams. Perhaps I should set my sights lower!

It won't happen IMO for various reasons.

I cannot understand anyone though saying they wouldn't have him back, he'd be a revelation in the championship (if fit) and the polar opposite of what we've had to endure in centre mid since he left.

I get why people are angry but I don't think we have the luxury of cutting off our nose to spite the face.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Delph will go to Everton where all players who fail at top clubs end up

followed by a move to Sunderland 

• Like 3