January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

20 minutes ago, Villastine said:

We should look to Chelsea for loans.

Ruben Loftus Cheek, Kendy and even Wallace would do a job for us. They are all available on loan and would all be good additions to our squad/team.

I expected RDM to have done that during the last window. Better late than never now. 

On 20/12/2016 at 09:31, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Ryan Woods. @choffer goes to plenty of Brentford matches and he said that it was pretty much a 'one off' performance, thanks to being granted the run of Villa Park. 

If that was the impression I gave, it's slightly harsh. I think he's a good player, works very hard and for a slight figure, he puts himself about a fair bit. Good in the tackle and never stops running. He was MotM in the New Years Eve fixture having put in a performance akin to that against us. Played well against SHA too. I think I said before he is lukewarm for 60% of matches with the rest being very strong. I'm not sure he's what we need at this stage but given the upcoming ACN, I'm definitely coming round to the idea of nabbing Hogan (although the reported £15M price tag feels very much inflated).

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Still a good player for Sunderland I think, he is injury prone but I'd like him here

will be interesting how we go about the midfield either a few loans or a cople of champ/out of favour lower prem players ??

would love a new RB but think we have much to do and Jenkinson is a Pipe dream IMO

I think I dont care who comes in. I'll wait to see if they make an impact or not

My only wish is that I never see the following players in a Villa shirt again

Bunn

Hutton Richards Elphick Aly

Bacuna Westwood Gardner Gaby

Gestede Kozak

Because they are either absolute shit or simply not good enough (even in Ch)

Play them all against Spurs in the FAcup the F***em all off

• Like 1

I posted looooooong ago that we needed a multiple of stages in our transition back to the PL

Stage 1 - Get shot of all the shit - RDM did a lot - SB still has to complete that job

Stage 2 get a complete new squad in - Bruces job starts now - if he doesnt get us up with some of the shit still here - Neeeeeeext

Stage 3 - Promotion -still possible with SB - when not - Neeext

Stage 4 - Stable in PL - still possible with SB - if not - Next

Stage 5 - Europe & contending for silverware - May still be possible with SB - more likely with a "been there & done it manager"

I want to remember SB's time here as a very good job done well thanx retire happy

8 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

I think I dont care who comes in. I'll wait to see if they make an impact or not

My only wish is that I never see the following players in a Villa shirt again

Bunn

Hutton Richards Elphick Aly

Bacuna Westwood Gardner Gaby

Gestede Kozak

Because they are either absolute shit or simply not good enough (even in Ch)

Play them all against Spurs in the FAcup the F***em all off

In reality we can't afford to offload all of those players

A few are adequate as squad players until we can replace them in the Summer - Hutton, Elphick, Cissokho, Bacuna, Gardner

Bunn, Richards, Westwood Gabby & Kozak can all be offloaded this window if anyone will take them (I would add Gardner here but we have now given him a new contract)

Gestede has already left by the sounds of it

I agree with you that none of these players should be getting into the first team with the exception of Bacuna until we have an adequate replacement

Just now, wilko154 said:

In reality we can't afford to offload all of those players

A few are adequate as squad players until we can replace them in the Summer - Hutton, Elphick, Cissokho, Bacuna, Gardner

Bunn, Richards, Westwood Gabby & Kozak can all be offloaded this window if anyone will take them (I would add Gardner here but we have now given him a new contract)

Gestede has already left by the sounds of it

I agree with you that none of these players should be getting into the first team with the exception of Bacuna until we have an adequate replacement

No 

Sorry

Not an attack on you (I've liked your posts)

But this is it

By not clearing EVERY TINY SCRAP OF SHIT out there will ALWAYS be something that can fester

There must be a point at which we have a complete clean slate to work from

4 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

No 

Sorry

But this is it

By not clearing EVERY TINY SCRAP OF SHIT out there will ALWAYS be something that can fester

Nah I do agree, the players you have all listed all need to be moved on.

Unfortunately we can't get rid of all of them and find replacements in this transfer window, due to both time and FFP regulations. We will also struggle with buyers for most of these.

Best we can do is sort out players for the areas we are weak, move a few of these players out and then come the Summer move out the remaining players.

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Linked with Chery from QPR.  Not good enough for me.

As for Loftus cheek I don't think he is available on loan I am sure there would premier league clubs interested in him if he was available 

The same Chery that turned us down for them when they signed him?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

No 

Sorry

But this is it

I endorse your point.

My worry is,( irrespective of the manager) I am yet to be sure, we have stopped signing the shit( as we are describing it)

I have no preconceived idea's just concerned that its over, I'm not so sure.....and that is not a slight at Steve Bruce, its a case of being able to get the right ones.

42 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

I posted looooooong ago that we needed a multiple of stages in our transition back to the PL

Stage 1 - Get shot of all the shit - RDM did a lot - SB still has to complete that job

They already failed at stage one, Gardner just signed a new 4 year deal.

Just now, mattyvilla said:

Were we not told weeks ago Jan signings were already in place? My bad if not but i seem to recall Xia and Bruce mentioning this

If I remember correctly Bruce was certainly quoted in the media a while back as saying that one was verbally agreed (presumably Johnston) and another was close (possibly Jenkinson). I'd rather Jenkinson being honest, can't see why we would go for Johnston over Gollini. If we were after a better, more experienced goal keeper then fine. 

56 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Nah I do agree, the players you have all listed all need to be moved on.

Unfortunately we can't get rid of all of them and find replacements in this transfer window, due to both time and FFP regulations. We will also struggle with buyers for most of these.

Best we can do is sort out players for the areas we are weak, move a few of these players out and then come the Summer move out the remaining players.

Sorry but its very simple

If BMH is big enough and we have some kind of fence, Beer, Shesha, a Kebab house and an Airtight-re-inforced Shithouse for them all to shit in. We can let them fester amongst themselves.

Buy/Loan ANYONE from any PL/Ch squad and they'll be more compatable than the shower of shit that is

Bunn Hutton Richards Westwood Gardner & Gaby

closely followed by

Elphick Cissokho Bacuna Kozak & Gestede (maybe already gone to Boro)

We need rid

ASAP

Edited by Grasshopper

Going to get slaughtered for this, but if we didn't sign anyone I would not of minded seeing this:

gollini 

Hutton   chester   baker      cissokho 

richards   jedi

Adomah                                 amavi 

mccormack 

kodjia 

Jedi and richards to break up play and supporting played to take the Ball of them (similar to how sanchez is supported when he play for columbia)

Let the slaughter begin...

7 minutes ago, Bomvilla7 said:

If I remember correctly Bruce was certainly quoted in the media a while back as saying that one was verbally agreed (presumably Johnston) and another was close (possibly Jenkinson). I'd rather Jenkinson being honest, can't see why we would go for Johnston over Gollini. If we were after a better, more experienced goal keeper then fine. 

Because Bruce has lost faith in Gollini.

The club scouts and Bruce must think that Sam Johnstone is a better option than Bunn.

• Like 1