January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

3 hours ago, sne said:

Sky posted this "Free agent 11"

4 of whom have played for us at one time :puke:

skysports-free-agent-xi-sky-sports-football_3857459.jpg?20161222125615

Thank God Sherwood didn't saddle us with Adebayor on a huge wage contract.  Fox would probably have sanctioned 5 years. 

• Like 2

I will base this transfer window on whether once we've signed everyone the likes of Hutton, Gardner and Westwood are still starting games for us.

Is it too much to ask in a 4 week period to actually sign some players who can take these guys places. They are mediocre even at this level and we are not getting promoted with them as regular starters.

• Like 1

Hourihane looks a nice footballer.Need at least 2 in midfield, and thats if Tish turns to be ok.Would look at Izzy Brown in the summer tbh, and try and bring in Hourihane and maybe Loftus-Cheek on loan.If we can get any money at all for Westwood then i would be delighted.To think we picked him ahead of Dale Stephens.

Todays result may have done SB a favour.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They are mediocre even at this level and we are not getting promoted with them as regular starters.

The more i think about it, the more amazed i am that we wasn't relegated sooner. When your midfield gets overrun by the likes of Burton Albion, you wonder why we wasn't spanked 5-0 in every game in the "big league"

Hourihane seems to be a no brainer and perhaps  Lansbury too? Could Forest be tempted if we offered Gardner as part of any deal?  I like Hogan or Rhodes once Gestede gone.  Offer Westwood to Wolves and take Hause in return.  Johnstone in and Jenkinson on loan.  Wouldn't be so bad and imagine if Brady came also. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Debuchy on loan anyone?

Didn't come off last season, might be worth a try, no idea what kind of form he'd be in after not playing for so long.

If rumours are to be believed we are apparently in for Jenkinson. Even if Jenkinson goes elsewhere, i would have thought it unlikely that Arsenal would allow 2 rights backs to leave in January. 

9 minutes ago, sne said:

Debuchy on loan anyone?

Didn't come off last season, might be worth a try, no idea what kind of form he'd be in after not playing for so long.

We are currently struggling to get their 3 rd choice right back. Why would we all of a sudden be welcome to their second choice?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

4 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Hourihane seems to be a no brainer and perhaps  Lansbury too? Could Forest be tempted if we offered Gardner as part of any deal?  I like Hogan or Rhodes once Gestede gone.  Offer Westwood to Wolves and take Hause in return.  Johnstone in and Jenkinson on loan.  Wouldn't be so bad and imagine if Brady came also. 

Yep if Derby are offering 2.5m for Lansbury we should be in like a shot.

Jedinak

Lansbury      Hourihane

Much much better. Goals in there for a start.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We are currently struggling to get their 3 rd choice right back. Why would we all of a sudden be welcome to their second choice?

Well he is going out on loan according to reports.

Most likely off to France so we might as well try.

• Like 1