January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

4 minutes ago, Ponky said:

One of the papers has suggested that Johnstone is loan to buy with a purchase price of £2m.

The Sun...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2509687/january-transfer-window-latest-arsenal-stopper-david-ospina-a-shock-target-for-fenerbahce-liverpools-plan-for-joe-gomez-and-man-united-in-search-for-a-goalkeeper/

MANCHESTER UNITED want a new third-choice keeper so Sam Johnstone can join Aston Villa.

Johnstone, 23, is going to Villa on loan but that could become a full-time £2million switch.

But first Jose Mourinho needs cover for David De Gea and Sergio Romero.

So Middlesbrough have taken Guzan, Adama, and now Gestede. If they sign Richards and/or Gabby over the next few weeks I'll be convinced that Aitor Karanka is on the Dr's payroll, and its all part of an elaborate plan to circumvent FFP. 

To think that some people wanted Karanka here. 

30 minutes ago, av1 said:

So Middlesbrough have taken Guzan, Adama, and now Gestede. If they sign Richards and/or Gabby over the next few weeks I'll be convinced that Aitor Karanka is on the Dr's payroll, and its all part of an elaborate plan to circumvent FFP. 

To think that some people wanted Karanka here. 

I remember how this gig used to work on championship manager!

• Like 1

Just now, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Bruce said himself that he needed to sell a forward player so he can buy a midfielder or defender.

He is just playing games, to get other clubs to think the Dr are not so loaded so they wont ask silly money for thier players.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ikantcpell said:

He is just playing games, to get other clubs to think the Dr are not so loaded so they wont ask silly money for thier players.

So you know we're loaded and can just "buy, buy and buy" but other clubs are oblivious to it!?

Or maybe Bruce was just telling it exactly how it is.

• Like 1

Our squad is too big as it is. It's just that it's terribly unbalanced.

We need to shift as many weak expensive players as possible, and replace with good players in the crucial positions. RB, CM x 3, LW and CF.

Easier said than done...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

according to Blackburn fan I know he said that despite all their goals it wasnt really a partnership. If crosses came along the ground Rhodes would score but if came in the air Gestede would get on it. They had a winger who set up a lot of them

That winger is Ben Marshall. 

Another we could get!