January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

3 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Wonder how much money Bruce will be given in this window. Hope he stocks up on midfielders. 

I don't think Xia will keep throwing money into the club, which is exactly why I would sell Amavi, Ayew and Gestede. Could raise £40m from those 3 and reinvest it in footballers who can get us out of the division and are better suited to Bruce's way

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Xela said:

I don't think Xia will keep throwing money into the club, which is exactly why I would sell Amavi, Ayew and Gestede. Could raise £40m from those 3 and reinvest it in footballers who can get us out of the division and are better suited to Bruce's way

23 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think you make an excellent point.

however, not sure they will do that.

i predict we will sign 3 this window.

18 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think you make an excellent point.

however, not sure they will do that.

i predict we will sign 3 this window.

I hope we sign more! We need 3 for the midfield only!

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

I hope we sign more! We need 3 for the midfield only!

I know, but I have sneaky feeling they feel that too many changes can have the opposite effect.

thats why I think we will go up next season

ps I have seen in the past bring in a couple and your existing players improve......so it seems like signing more.

Edited by TRO

53 minutes ago, Xela said:

I would sell Ayew and Gestede as we have better options currently and can invest in more pressing needs on the pitch. Wouldn't sell Amavi just yet certainly not in Jan as we have struggled to find a decent left back and the fact he first choice for us currently. 

5 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I'd take Darron Gibson on loan as he seems to be completely frozen out at Everton, but he could be frozen out for a reason.

Just looked at his career stats. He's barely played in the last 4 years at Everton. Injury prone?

If I was going to loan a midfielder in, I'd go for Matty James

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

Just looked at his career stats. He's barely played in the last 4 years at Everton. Injury prone?

If I was going to loan a midfielder in, I'd go for Matty James

He played well towards the end of last season and got a contract extension, so I don't think he is finished as a player. He did his cruciate 3 years ago and missed a bit of time with a metatarsal fracture too but he wouldn't seem to be a crock.

Apart from a groin strain has not been injured much this season, just not being picked by Koeman this season.

Matty James would be good but might take time to get up to speed after a serious injury.

Alan Judge would be in a similar boat if a move was made, out of contract in the summer but back in full training now.

Conor Hourihane would be worth the gamble too a he is also out of contract in the summer and can't be on huge wages at Barnsley.

Robbie Brady I like as a player but don't think he would be value for money.

Edited by Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Can tell you now that xia will throw as much money as necessary to ensure promotion this year. His plan all along is to get us up, make us a force again and then sell us on. It is not within his biz plan to spend a 2nd yr in the championship. We will be sold if we don't go up this yr

6 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Can tell you now that xia will throw as much money as necessary to ensure promotion this year. His plan all along is to get us up, make us a force again and then sell us on. It is not within his biz plan to spend a 2nd yr in the championship. We will be sold if we don't go up this yr

You started off very well. First sentence - agreed. The rest - totally wrong, in my opinion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xela said:

There is also the possibility that Xia CAN'T throw more money into the club due to FFP. Selling those players would allow us to reinvest in some quality additions so I'm all for it.