Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, praisedmambo said:

I started being won over when I heard about his books: https://www.balls.ie/football/steve-bruce-novel/293169 (for the record what I'm saying is tongue in cheek. It means nothing if we're not turning things round on the pitch, obviously)

It's pretty amusing that he has a set of football-based detective novels called Striker, Defender and...I don't know the name of the last one. 

Sweeper was the second in the series.  The guy behind the reviews has recently got his hands on a copy of Defender, so I imagine a review will be forthwith

in the next couple of months TOMORROW apparently!

Alas, not currently available on Amazon.  There is also considerable debate as to whether he actually penned these novels in the first place.

Edited by CardiffGreens

The man wants to be manager of Aston Villa it's the biggest job he has had and he wants to make the most of it .The big difference between him and our previous managers over the last 3/4 seasons is  his experience he has been there and done that at this level and he knows what he wants and how to do it he seems to be the right man at the right time he is just what we need he isn't world class he is no GUardiola but we don't need him to be in this division ,it's early doors but things seem different already under Bruce .

• Like 2

8 hours ago, VillaCas said:

When I read your posts TRO, the voice in my head in always Winston Churchill

Very inspiring lolz

We shall fight them in the dressing roomsh. We shall fight them in the tunnel. With pizza. We shall never shurrender.  Pash the brandy.

28 minutes ago, BigAl said:

The man wants to be manager of Aston Villa it's the biggest job he has had and he wants to make the most of it .The big difference between him and our previous managers over the last 3/4 seasons is  his experience he has been there and done that at this level and he knows what he wants and how to do it he seems to be the right man at the right time he is just what we need he isn't world class he is no GUardiola but we don't need him to be in this division ,it's early doors but things seem different already under Bruce .

Bruciola

• Like 1

As a by the way. For all the people who are convinced he will not be able to do anything with us if we get promoted and relegation back to the championship is an almost certainty if we keep him,  he has significantly more mid table premier league finishes to his name,  some upper end finishes at that. 

When you consider the team's he has managed that is no mean feat. The teams he have got relegate with are Hull and Blues and with all due respect to Hull and no respect whatsoever with Bluescum those are 2 teams you would pretty much expect to get relegate PDQ whoever the manager is. 

Assuming we can get back up we would be significantly the biggest PL club he will have managed. With a big transfer budget and a club hopefully top players would be attracted to who knows just how far he could improve on those top end finishes with small clubs

• Like 1

On 13/10/2016 at 13:15, KSV said:

5 year deal is madness. Surely not.. for any manager. Not many managers last that long these days. I thought i read it was a 2 year deal? 5 year deal on 3 million a year? Tony Xia surely does get taken for a ride if thats the case. Spent way overs on some players too. 

Bloke I spoke to in the pub last night said it was actually a THIRTY year contract. Absolute madness,  that, Xia bloke is worse than Lerner. Absolute sucker with too much money. I wonder what other facts will come out next. 

I'm taking to a feller at the bus stop tomorrow so should get some good Intel. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Bloke I spoke to in the pub last night said it was actually a THIRTY year contract. Absolute madness,  that, Xia bloke is worse than Lerner. Absolute sucker with too much money. I wonder what other facts will come out next. 

I'm taking to a feller at the bus stop tomorrow so should get some good Intel. 

You're wrong there, I have to inform you.  It's actually a 120 year contract.  I have that direct from a published author, someone who has commented below the line on the Daily Mail website.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Just one second here... in the game yesterday, did we actually have a game plan, a team set up with the players who could carry out that game plan, and then changed the tactics during the course of the game to end up on the front foot and winning the game?

No, don't be silly.

30 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Funny, never liked listening to him talk at other clubs, now his voice is like music to my soul. 

Seems to kow their teams very well and wary of the counter attack.

I took that to mean "expect more of the same". Which is fine with me. Would like to see Ayew in the side though, to give a little more spark to our breaks. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Funny, never liked listening to him talk at other clubs, now his voice is like music to my soul. 

Seems to know their team (players) very well and wary of the counter attack.

I think his recent knowledge of the other teams is a massive plus for us, thinking about it RDM really was peeing in the wind. 

• Like 2

Not aimed at Brucey in particular - but the significance of pre and post match press conferences is so overstated

Pre Match

"It will be a tough game - but were ready for it"

Post match loss

"We were unlucky - should have a a penalty - there work to do - but were taking positives into the next game"

Post Match win

"we worked hard and deserved our win"

Post Match Draw

"We were unlucky - should have a a penalty - there's work to do - but were taking positives into the next game"

Â