Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

It doesn't matter who favoured him and who didn't its cosmetic and a bit of internet fun.....we don't need to busy ourselves with point scoring, we have a team to raise.

We ALL need to get behind him....there will be setbacks, we must be ready for that,.....but we mustn't get derailed by them.

When you see all those fans last night.... I see defiance of our low position, I see a manager that gives us hope, I see a team trying to respond, but I see shoots of recovery, no matter how slight.

We must unite

When I read your posts TRO, the voice in my head in always Winston Churchill

Very inspiring lolz

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

I don't think it was horrific, I think we played poorly for periods, misplaced passes, showed a fair bit of headless chickeness, showed little composure and only rarely showed any real football ability......... BUT that's what I've seen from every Team we have played - the trouble is every Team we play does all that and we don't win !

As you say the key bit was the improved mental toughness, hard to pinpoint, no specific or real signs of it during the game but self evident by virtue of the fact we Won, and late on at that........

I would go further and say were were better than that tbh.  Don't know why we have to be so hard on the team.  It was a good hardworking, more organized, defensive display away from home and we scored two goals and created chances.  What do people want.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

like a Jedi are you TRO!

Bonkers (but brilliant) haha

PS are you drunk?

just have my way of expressing things, probably drunk, some get it some don't.

I just think there are forces at work ( in the players heads)that are painting a picture that is unnecessary , not exactly sure what they are.....but I think SB will sort it out.

I'll get my coat:)

Edited by TRO

7 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

When I read your posts TRO, the voice in my head in always Winston Churchill

Very inspiring lolz

I do see the shite everyone else see's....but we have done it to death.

The club have changed personnel beyond belief....despite the mistakes ,they need a break.

Now it is our turn to be defiant and be Churhillesque.

Those fans last night really inspired me....amazing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

I would go further and say were were better than that tbh.  Don't know why we have to be so hard on the team.  It was a good hardworking, more organized, defensive display away from home and we scored two goals and created chances.  What do people want.

Well done you have managed to make it sound like I was criticising them when I did the opposite !!

And yes it was indeed hardworking, organised, and we created chances - none of which alters what I said !!

Edited by terrytini

13 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

The results will eleviate the pressure, that should enhance the performances....its synergetic

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Well done you have managed to make it sound like I was criticising them when I did the opposite !!

And yes it was indeed hardworking, organised, and we created chances - none of which alters what I said !!

That wasn't my intention so apologies. Just saying I thought we played even better than you suggested (hence me saying I would go further). The criticism was more aimed at those saying the performance was horrific - who I suspect never even saw the game.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

It doesn't matter who favoured him and who didn't its cosmetic and a bit of internet fun.....we don't need to busy ourselves with point scoring, we have a team to raise.

Point scoring????

1 hour ago, TRO said:

We ALL need to get behind him...

When you see all those fans last night.... I see defiance of our low position, I see a manager that gives us hope, I see a team trying to respond, but I see shoots of recovery, no matter how slight.

We must unite

You answered your own question.

As you have correctly stated it is a forum and internet fun - all full of opinions.

I had my opinion on matters surrounding the new manager and current performance of the team. I stand by those opinions still now, but at the same time they can only start to ram words the down my mouth with a result like that last night... and continued improvement and progress.

I know it was an overwhelming feeling seeing last night's result and can see your full of joy today because of it.

4 points from his first 2 games is a good return. He wasn't my first choice, but I'm pleased with his start. It's clear the players aren't fully fit (not the first time we've seen that at Villa). I think we'll get through the next 2 games without being beaten.

11 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Early days but is saying the right things and looks comfortable in the job. Which hasn't happened for a while.

Which is arguably due to the fact that he is the first "real manager" we have had for a while. 

1 hour ago, VillaCas said:

like a Jedi are you TRO!

Bonkers (but brilliant) haha

PS are you drunk?

The manager has been inspired by TRO as well.  I heard in the team talk before the match he said to them "these are not the draws you are looking for"

• Like 4

Game 1: Bruce notices that our squad tires easy

Game 2: Bruce contains a bit in the first half, whilst conserving energy, and then tries to go for the win in the second half

Is this a Villa manager implementing tactics? 

Absolutely absurd. Didn't think Villa managers were allowed to use tactics.

In all seriousness, sounds like we were a little lucky but fair play, absolutely chuffed with the win, especially as it's an away win.

Need to build on this, 4-3-3 at home against Fulham please. 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

We ALL need to get behind him....there will be setbacks, we must be ready for that,.....but we mustn't get derailed by them.

We must unite

You put that beautifully.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Richard said:

The manager has been inspired by TRO as well.  I heard in the team talk before the match he said to them "these are not the draws you are looking for"

Nothing to add. It was just worth repeating. :D

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Point scoring????

You answered your own question.

As you have correctly stated it is a forum and internet fun - all full of opinions.

I had my opinion on matters surrounding the new manager and current performance of the team. I stand by those opinions still now, but at the same time they can only start to ram words the down my mouth with a result like that last night... and continued improvement and progress.

I know it was an overwhelming feeling seeing last night's result and can see your full of joy today because of it.

No....i was saying any fans original view on SB is irrelevant now and none of us should involve ourselves in point scoring....not referring to you.....talking generally.

that was my point....not to ram any words down fans throats, it could be a temptation by some.......but to unify behind him.

sorry if I came across any other way.

Edited by TRO

Â