Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Be playing a very confident side on Friday, be tough.

No doubt Baker will smash a towering header home. And also never get injured for the rest of his career.

Bruce out.

In his own net hopefully. :D

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

If he starts winning games and has us up challenging the Concerned Villa fans who care about the future of their club need to back off. Let's see how we do at Bristol on Friday. 

FIXED

• Like 1

I bagged him for our first three games, all credit has to go to him for the last two though.

Hope this is a turning point and we can show solid form for a while. Cant expect to win every game but can expect improved performances overall. 

I hope that when the season is over that Cardiff was one of, if not the worse, performances of the season.  

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I bagged him for our first three games, all credit has to go to him for the last two though.

Hope this is a turning point and we can show solid form for a while. Cant expect to win every game but can expect improved performances overall. 

I hope that when the season is over that Cardiff was one of, if not the worse, performances of the season.  

Still maintain like i did post norwich and pre wigan that friday night we will see what we're made of. That'll be a test. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

8 goals in 2 matches. When was the last time we had that? Long may it continue. 

Again got team and tactics spot on. 

so......( not a loaded question)

how can he be tactically naive one minute and tactically sharp the next?

or do WE put too much focus on it?.....and in reality it matters much less then we think?

I am not dismissing it....I just happen to think players form/confidence matters as much and has a significant effect too.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Really hope he doesn't go back to old ways on Friday night. The past 2 games have been great and what everyone was desperate to see.

Its great......much better movement and running OFF the ball.

but would like us to be more miserly at the back.

Edited by TRO

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

so......( not a loaded question)

how can he be tactically naive one minute and tactically sharp the next?

or do WE put too much focus on it?.....and in reality it matters much less then we think?

I am not dismissing it....I just happen to think players form/confidence matters as much and has a significant effect too.

Not sure I have ever called him tactically naive :P

I think confidence is massive. Twice in two games we have scored straight after we have conceded. In the past we would have buckled in those situations. 

A confident free flowing team, don't depend on formations as much, you are correct. People move around more and run into spaces. When low on confidence and in poor form, you become more rigid and then rely on tactics more to get readily back.

It was very noticable today how much quicker we were moving the ball, playing one twos and looking for runners. 

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Not sure I have ever called him tactically naive :P

I think confidence is massive. Twice in two games we have scored straight after we have conceded. In the past we would have buckled in those situations. 

A confident free flowing team, don't depend on formations as much, you are correct. People move around more and run into spaces. When low on confidence and in poor form, you become more rigid and then rely on tactics more to get readily back.

It was very noticable today how much quicker we were moving the ball, playing one twos and looking for runners. 

I wasn't referring directly to you with that comment, just general.....However he has said himself he is not heavy on tactics.

the rest....spot on.

movement is what unhinges teams and we have been lacking in that for years.....i think the kids will help with that too.

I think during a game formations can change anyway with the dynamics of the game, like you say providing there is much movement.

• Like 1

He really has no choice but to use a mixture of the players who played well against Norwich and those who played well against Wigan on Friday.  That should mean no Gabby or Hutton in the squad!!!   I suspect he'll try to limit the number of kids on at one time, so starting XI will be closer to Saturday's with DeLaet or Bree in for Hutton and perhaps Adomah for Elmohamady.  If Davis can't repeat Saturday's performance he knows he can switch the formation/style and replace him with Hogan.

• Like 1

One of the dynamics of Bruce being willing to give the kids a chance to stake a claim is there is now genuine competition for every position on the pitch. While there may be a few automatic starters none of them can be complacent, and know that if they don't give 100 percent they may struggle to keep their spot. 

• Like 1

If we go for it and attack teams and lose/draw I think more fans in the main will at least appreciate the intent to try and finish teams off. Too many times we've acted like Villa in the last few years of the Prem and trying to cling on to a slender lead. That's partly confidence of the players but it's down to the manager to stop that sort of thing. For a team expected to go for automatic promotion, it isn't good enough.

The last 2 games are positive and hopefully a catalyst both for the team and the manager. I couldn't give a rats arse how certain players got their chance, so long as we use the results and confidence from them to push on. I was starting to join the Bruce out crew but will happily be proven wrong. I just hope others can do so too. If we play positively and don't win, with the likes of Hourihane and Lansbury playing closer to the opposition box than our own then that's a positive sign, not just a poor result to jump on. The same folk will also moan about scraping a win with a cautious approach. That sort of mentality will mean you're never happy as it'll never be constant flowing attacking and winning football but so long as it becomes more often than not than I hope the feeling around the club will change for the better. The last 2 games could be a great springboard in setting up the direction of the season. Bristol City will be tough but they should be more scared of us and I hope Bruce sets us up to go at them. That's all I expect, as the result of a game doesn't always tell the story.

• Like 3

Â