Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Let's see how long it takes Garry Monk to get Boro playing more attacking football - the polar opposite to what they've done under Karanka for 2 years. He was an option for us that would've been better going into this season.

Even non-manager & useless tosspot Tim would have got better performances out of this squad than Bruce last season.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Let's see how long it takes Garry Monk to get Boro playing more attacking football - the polar opposite to what they've done under Karanka for 2 years. He was an option for us that would've been better going into this season.

Even non-manager & useless tosspot Tim would have got better performances out of this squad than Bruce last season.

Why dont you just look what he did at leeds? Didnt get them promoted. Played attacking football. 

Next.

1 hour ago, villan_007 said:

Why dont you just look what he did at leeds? Didnt get them promoted. Played attacking football. 

Next.

Did better than Bruce with a worse squad? Played better football but ran out of steam right at the end? We have some of the best attacking players in this league yet we are one of the worst attacking sides. I wouldn't swap Bruce now but he's got a lot to do to change people's perceptions of him. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, dn1982 said:

Did better than Bruce with a worse squad? Played better football but ran out of steam right at the end? We have some of the best attacking players in this league yet we are one of the worst attacking sides. I wouldn't swap Bruce now but he's got a lot to do to change people's perceptions of him. 

He'll have a hard time changing people's perceptions in June and July.  As for worse squad.  Yes probably.  But a more settled squad definitely.  We'll have that next season.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BOF said:

He'll have a hard time changing people's perceptions in June and July.  As for worse squad.  Yes probably.  But a more settled squad definitely.  We'll have that next season.

Well the football we see at the start of the season will be what changes people should views on Bruce which I sure you understood. We all hope we don't see the turgid crap we was served up at the end of last season im sure. I don't know how much a settled squad impacts on the way you try to play football. Hopefully Bruce can work miracles in preseason but I'm not sure how 1/2 a dozen friendlies can change a philosophy. Fingers crossed though. 

• Like 2

On 12/06/2017 at 16:29, lexicon said:

Do you go with the doctor who has performed the surgery successfully before or roll the dice on an unknown?

that wasnt a stated fact about which doctor.

The reference was to anybody or his dog stating that Bruce can get us promoted purely on the basis that he has done it before. whilst others and their dogs do not believe in Bruce due to his performance so far.

However, I would hate to stand in the way of excuses.

2 hours ago, dn1982 said:

So has Teresa May ,but I wouldn't change her either.

some folk have to learn and battle back.....it makes for a better operative/person.

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

that wasnt a stated fact about which doctor.

The reference was to anybody or his dog stating that Bruce can get us promoted purely on the basis that he has done it before. whilst others and their dogs do not believe in Bruce due to his performance so far.

However, I would hate to stand in the way of excuses.

I wouldn't take any notice of a "witch Doctor":)

Edited by TRO

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

lets......but you could hardly say, Boro' came down anything like us.

We were close to making history, that how bad we was.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Read a few Leeds forums. I think you may change your mind on how attacking monk was. Remember their performance at Villa Park? It was shocking and the barely had a kick. I think monk and middlesboro will surprise a number of you lot. And not in a good way.

1 minute ago, Mjvilla said:

Read a few Leeds forums. I think you may change your mind on how attacking monk was. Remember their performance at Villa Park? It was shocking and the barely had a kick. I think monk and middlesboro will surprise a number of you lot. And not in a good way.

us lot?

we are as close to our views of Villa as the electorate is to the country.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

us lot?

we are as close to our views of Villa as the electorate is to the country.

Fair point. 

I more meant the 'Bruce in' lot who seem to think anyone would do a better job than Bruce regardless of what they did in their previous job.

4 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Fair point. 

I more meant the 'Bruce in' lot who seem to think anyone would do a better job than Bruce regardless of what they did in their previous job.

The truth is one man's stab at it is as good as the others.

The only exact science is getting out of the league.....and then looking back.

4 hours ago, villan_007 said:

Next.

Better to enjoy not getting promoted then hate finishing 13th

5 hours ago, villan_007 said:

Next.

You need to talk to a few Leeds fans as to how much an 'attacking' manager he is!

• Like 1

On 2017-6-13 at 11:56, Tomaszk said:

On sherwood, better performances but significantly lower points that i gurantee

Â